Wednesday 25 April 2018

Beautiful You - uoY lufituaeB!

Beautiful You - uoY lufituaeB!


My take on this card challenge was this:


So I found a White ready-made card base (5 3/4 x 4") in my craft stash.  Then I went into my scrap folders to see what patterned paper I could find that would be suitable for this design.  This Dark Blue spotty patterned paper was ideal; as the spots were white and would tie in with the card base and the middle of the card as well.  So I trimmed a piece (5 5/8 x 3 3/4") and adhered this straight to the card base using snail adhesive.

With the Big Shot I die cut an oval out of White card stock (4 x 3").  I used my stamp positioner tool for stamping to ensure I got a good image.  I used one of the images from Stampin' Up "Beautiful You" stamp set.  Stamping the image on the right-hand side of the oval first.  Then I stamped the same image onto my Silicone mat, turned the Silicone mat over (with the stamped image on the underside) and placed the image onto the left-hand side of the oval and very gently rubbed the back of the Silicone mat.  The image transferred from the Silicone mat onto the card stock but in the 'Mirror image form'.  Next I stamped the sentiment "So Happy For You" which also comes from the 'Beautiful You' stamp set.

I had a 'mirror image' which was the requisite for the card challenge but I wanted more for my card design.  I had some of the spotty patterned paper left, so I put this into the stamp positioner tool and stamped the image again on this.  I also stamped the image again onto the Silicone mat and turned this around and stamped it onto the spotty patterned paper so that I got a 'mirror image' as well.

Then I carefully fussy cut out both dresses and hats and then with wet glue adhered these to the images I had first stamped.  I was so pleased with the outcome, the design just popped!  To finish off the front I put 3 black rhinestones up in the top right-hand corner.


On the inside of the card, I stamped the image in the right-hand side bottom corner.


On the envelope, I stamped two of the images in the bottom right-hand side corner.  I also stamped the duck with the envelope and the sentiment 'Happy Mail' so that my recipient would know that this was not a bill!  This completed my project.  

I would love to know what you think about my project, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!



Lorraine



:o) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...