Wednesday 25 April 2018

Puppies Galore!

Puppies Galore!



My take on this Sketch challenge is shown below:


So initially to start my design I found a White ready-made card base (5 3/4 x 4 1/8") and then I trimmed another piece of White card stock to (5 1/2 x 3 3/4"); I dry embossed this with my 'Dog Paw Print' embossing folder.  I then found a piece of Teal card stock in my scrap folder and trimmed this to (5 1/4 x 2) and then with the smallest paw print stamp; I stamped it with Black Memento ink randomly all over the coloured card stock.

Next I punched out (x3) White card stock scalloped circles (1 1/8"); (x3) Orange glitter card stock scalloped circles (1 1/4") and (x3) White card stock circles (1 1/2").  On the smallest scalloped circles I stamped 3 different images of the puppies from the 'Honey Bee Stamps' - "Playful Pups".  I used my embossing buddy first and then held the scalloped circle in my stamp positioner tool and stamped the image with Black pigment ink.  I then straight away, sprinkled the image with Clear embossing powder and heat set it with my Heat Gun.  This process was repeated with each of the three images in the scalloped White circles.  I used a scrap piece of White card stock to do the same process as above with the images (a dog water bowl, a bone and a ball).  All of which I fussy cut out when they had cooled down.  On a piece of White card stock (1 3/4 x 1 1/8") I used the same process when I stamped out the dog's bed too.  This though was not fussy cut out, it was adhered to a piece of the Glitter paper (1 7/8 x 1 1/2").

The circles were all adhered one on top of each other starting from the largest White circle, then the Glitter scalloped one and finally the White scalloped circle with the stamped images of the puppies.

The final part of the sketch to do was the banner.  So I trimmed a piece of Glitter card stock to (2") wide and a White piece of card stock to (1 3/4") wide.  Put both the ends together and cut a banner end into both pieces at the same time; ensuring that both pieces of card stock had the same shape banner ends.  These then were adhered together with strong double sided tape.

Now to assemble my card.  I used strong double sided tape throughout this design because of the Glitter card stock and the Dry embossing too.  So the embossed piece of card stock was adhered to the card base first.  Then I adhered the banners to the left-hand side of the card base.  I then realised that the Teal card stock would need to be adhered with foam tabs because it was going on top of the banners and the embossed card stock and these were different heights.  I left a small margin of white around the top edge.  The circles were then added to the Teal card stock evenly spaced out.  The rectangle of Glitter card stock with the dog bed image was adhered to the bottom right-hand side of the card design.  This just left my fussy cut images, I cut small pieces of the double sided tape off the roll and adhered these onto the banner.


Inside the card I stamped a sentiment from the Honey Bee Stamps "Playful Pups" which said "Big HUGE Thanks" and I then stamped the largest Pup stamp next to this as well.


On the envelope, I stamped a line of paw prints along the bottom edge and the "Happy Mail" sentiment and the duck with the envelope which hopefully indicates to my recipient that this is not a Bill!  This then completed my project.

I would love to know what you think about my project, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!



Lorraine



:o) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...