Wednesday 25 April 2018

Heat Resist - Amazing You!

Heat Resist - Amazing You!

My Face Book Group - Stampin' For All had a Card Challenge called "Heat Resist Card Challenge".  This is my submission for this challenge.


Initially I trimmed a piece of Kraft card stock (5 3/4 x 4") and stamped the flower from Stampin' Up stamp set "Amazing You" onto this using Versamark; not forgetting my embossing buddy.  I covered this with WOW White embossing powder and heat set it with my Heat Gun.  Then I used Stampin' Up Berry Burst ink smooshed onto an acetate block and an Aqua pen to colour in the flowers.  I used LuminArte "Mediterranean Blue" which has a lovely glimmer to it for all around the flowers.  Whilst the heat gun was out I found a piece of Black card stock (5 1/2 x 1/4") in my scrap folder and after using my embossing buddy, I stamped the sentiment with Versamark "Sending You Smiles Through The Miles" and embossed this with White embossing powder too.  

I trimmed a piece of Rose coloured fun foam (6 x 4 3/8") for the layer under the Kraft card stock.  I used my corner rounder on each corner of the mat, the layer and the White card base (6 x 4 3/4").  Now to assemble the card.  Because this card sentiment says "Sending You Smiles Through The Miles"; I probably will be sending it to one of my crafty pals abroad so I did not want it to have too much depth (because of postage costs etc.)  So each layer is adhered straight on top of the other using strong double sided tape.  I adhered the mat and the fun foam layers first and then adhered a piece of (3/4" wide) Rose coloured ribbon across the full width of the image and secured this at the back of the fun foam.  The sentiment was then adhered to the ribbon and for a burst of colour I made a Teal bow and added this to the right of the sentiment.  These layers were then adhered to the card base.



To continue the theme of the card, I stamped the flower image using Black Memento ink inside the card base at the bottom right-hand side.


This was repeated on the front of the envelope too; along with my duck holding the envelope and the sentiment 'Happy Mail' to let the recipient know that this is not a Bill!  This completed my project.  

I would love to know what you think about my project, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!



Lorraine



:o) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...