Monday 21 May 2018

Aqua and Lime-Green Dreams

Aqua and Lime-Green Dreams

This week's card challenge from Color Throwdown #493 is to use Aqua, Lime-Green and White in a design.  


My submission for this week's card challenge is photographed below:


To start my card I was certain that I had some coloured card stock that was an Aqua colour.  When I had located this I trimmed it down to create a suitable card base (5 3/4 x 5 3/4").   I then found the musical background stamped image (5 1/2 x 3 7/8") (which had been gifted to me by Georgie Burns) that needed nothing doing to it other than adhering to the card base when the time came.  

Georgie had also gifted me with the stamped images (the guitar, the headphones and the trainers) from Stampin' Up Epic Celebrations.  I used my Spectrum Noir Alcohol Marker Pens to colour in  (x4) sets of headphones, (x4) guitars and (x4) pairs of trainers.  The colours I used were GT2, GT3, LG5 and CG3.  I used a White gel pen to put highlights on the images which also helped them to 'pop' on the card front.  After colouring the images in, I fussy cut them out leaving a small edging of white all around the image.  

I adhered the two pairs of trainers together so that they would look more substantial and glued one set inside the card and the other on the front design.  I hooked the headphones over the top edge of the music score.  Finally, I adhered the guitars to the front panel which finished off the design.  I decided not to put a sentiment onto this card at present as I wasn't sure who it was going to.  I will stamp a sentiment at a later date.  Next I adhered the music score background piece onto the card base using foam pads as this dimension.  

On the envelope I stamped the sentiment "Happy Mail"  and the image of the duckling delivering the envelope.  This, I hope helps the recipient of this card to know its not a bill when it is delivered.  

I would love to know what you think to my design by leaving me some feedback.  

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine
:O)                                                                                                                          

2 comments:

  1. Super cool music themed card! Thanks so much for playing along in the Color Throwdown challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Broni for your feedback on this project. This card is for a very special friend who plays the guitar really well. :O)

    ReplyDelete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...