Wednesday 30 May 2018

Hello Pretty Lady

Hello Pretty Lady

Retro Rubber's Challenge #87 is 'Let's Get Sketchy' with a given sketch to follow. (See below)


My take on this sketch challenge is photographed below.


So first of all I decided on using this beautiful stamp which I had in my craft stash that had been gifted to me by a crafter who no longer was stamping.  I was unsure how she would stamp but I got a piece of White card stock and put it in the stamping tool; just in case I needed to re-stamp the image.  I did not have to re-stamp the image, it stamped perfectly first time.  All the swirls and curls of her hair, the flowers, birds and even her delicate eye-lashes.  I was impressed.  

Next I had to find something to show off this pretty stamped image.  In my card stock stash I came across a piece of printed card stock (5 3/4 x 3 3/4"), that had roses, butterflies etc. on a very, very pale blue background.  The butterflies tied in with those in her hair, which are tiny but they are there.  I cut a piece of (1/2") Pink ribbon (5 3/4") and adhered this to the middle of the card stock using double sided tape.  I then used a (4 x 2 3/4") oval die to cut out this pretty image.  I also die cut the same oval in Dark Pink card stock, this I trimmed in half so that it would become a frame.  Whilst the Big Shot was out, I die cut 'hello' in Black card stock for the sentiment.

I 'popped' up the frame on foam pads either side of the ribbon, therefore giving me a larger oval on which to place my image.  But before I put this on, I had a piece of ribbon left over so I pierced a hole in this and put in the Pink heart brad.  I then adhered this piece of ribbon straight on top of the other piece.  (This meant that the back of the brad was hidden from view.)  The image was adhered to the Dark Pink oval frame using double sided tape for security.  The sentiment "Hello" was adhered using wet glue and finished off with some Wink of Stella for that added bit of glimmer!  The pretty lady image was finished off with some Copper and Silver Stickles dots.  

On the envelope I stamped the sentiment "Happy Mail" and the image of the duckling delivering the mail.  This ensures that the recipient of my card knows that they are not receiving a bill!

This completed my project.  I would really like to know what you think of my design.  Please leave me some feedback.

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine
:O)


2 comments:

  1. This is indeed a beautiful image and it stamped perfectly.
    Love the DSP you used to decorate the background for it.
    Thank you for sharing with us at RETRO RUBBER, hope you play again soon.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Maria for your feedback on my project. I love the Retro Rubber challenges. :O)

    ReplyDelete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...