Wednesday 30 May 2018

Squeeze in Please!

Squeeze in Please!

This is first time I have put in an entry to a Stampin' Up Only (SUO) Challenge.  This challenge is #SUOC200 to create a card using Animals/Critters; right up my street as I love critter stamps and dies.  




My design for this challenge is photographed below:


To create my card I used my Stampin' Up 'We Must Celebrate' stamp set.  First I created a Vanilla card base (5 3/4 x 4 1/8"), then cut a Black card stock layer (5 1/2 x 3 7/8") and a piece of patterned paper (5 1/4 x 3 3/4").  I then cut a (1") piece of Black ribbon (3 3/4").  Adhered the card stock and patterned paper together using double sided tape and wrapped the ribbon around the top third of the card and secured it at the back of the card stock.  This was then adhered to the card base using the double sided tape.  Using the trimmer I then cut another Black card stock layer (4 4/8 x 2 7/8") and also another patterned paper layer too (4 2/8 x 2 3/4") and these were adhered together using the tape too and also adhered on top of the ribbon in the centre of the card base.  (It leaves an approximately 1/2" border.)

Now for the image, I cut a piece of White card stock (4 1/8 x 2 1/2") and I used my stamping tool in case I needed to re-stamp any images.  I had already stamped all the images at least twice onto (full sticky) Post-it Notes for masking; the snails I stamped three times for masking.  I fussy cut out all the masks.  (These I have kept in the stamp set case for future stamping.)  So I stamped in Black Memento ink first the three snails, masked them up.  Stamped the hedgehog and squirrel, masked up.  Stamped two more snails and masked using the masks from the snails at the front.  Stamped the rabbit and raccoon and masked up.  Then the two bears, next the raccoon looking in between the bears; then finally the last snail and squirrel.  Whilst the ink was out I stamped a squirrel image inside the card and a row of snails on the bottom of the envelope to continue the theme throughout the elements of this card.

Then using my Prismacolor Colored pencils I coloured all the critters in.  After I used a Black gel pen to brighten their eyes and noses and in a few areas used a White gel pen for highlights.  This was then adhered to the centre of the card using foam pads to give some dimension.  I die cut two shapes for my sentiment from both Yellow and a Peach card stock.  

Next I stamped the sentiment "Happy Birthday" and cut the peach die in half to make the layer behind.  The two layers were adhered using snail and adhered to the card using half foam pads and half snail.  

On the envelope I stamped the sentiment "Happy Mail" and the image of the duckling delivering the mail.  This lets the recipient of this card know that they are not receiving a bill!  My project was now complete.  

I would really like to know what you think of my design, so please leave me some feedback.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine
:O)





4 comments:

  1. This is some might impressive masking on your card! Great colouring too! Love this stamp set!! Just perfect for our challenge featuring critters. So glad you joined in the fun with us at SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julia for your kind feedback. I love this stamp set too because its critters and I adore critters. xx

      Delete
  2. WOW, what a super happy sweet card this is! Love all the coloring you did! Thank you for joining us at SU Only Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you evafromca for your comments, I love colouring especially with my Prismacolor Pencils. xx

    ReplyDelete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...