Thursday 31 May 2018

Just Magical

Just Magical

A craft friend who watches CCWM on a Friday night's birthday was approaching and she has a particular love of rainbows.  So I decided to make her a birthday card, this would also go towards my current card challenge total of sent handmade cards to family and friends.  So far I have sent 97 of my handmade cards to family and friends either on their birthdays, to say "Thank You" or even to say "Hi".  May seemed to be a particularly busy month of birthday and my card box emptied quickly.  The card below was made specifically for Maria, "Happy Birthday Maria".


So in order to create my card I found a White card base (5 7/8 x 5 7/8"), cut another White card stock layer (5 5/8 x 5 5/8").  Cut (x2) sets of clouds, using my cloud stencil as a template.  I die cut (x7) stitched circles in the rainbow colours starting from red through to blue.  On the White card stock I sponged from the top with Memento Summer Sky ink.  I was gifted the stamped image of the unicorn from another crafter.  I coloured this in with my ARTEZA Watercolour pens and a bit of Wink of Stella for the 'bling'!  On the bottom cloud section I used my embossing buddy to get rid of any marks or grease and stamped with Versamark "Hope Your Day is Magical" from Stampin' Up "Myths & Magic" stamp set.  This was then covered with Silver embossing powder and heat embossed.  

Now to put the card together.  The blue layer was adhered with double sided tape.  The rainbow coloured circles were adhered with wet glue onto the blue sponged layer.  Both the top and bottom cloud cut outs were adhered using foam pads to give the card some dimension.  Finally the Unicorn was adhered to the clouds using wet glue (due to the very intricate, detailed parts of its mane, hooves etc.)

On the envelope I stamped the sentiment "Happy Mail" and the duckling delivering the mail.  This is to ensure the recipient of my card knows it is not a bill!  I would love to know what you think of my card, please leave me some feedback.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine
:O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...