Tuesday 26 June 2018

Basket Weave

Basket Weave

The Global Design Project #143 this week is a Theme Challenge.  The theme was inspired by the New Stampin' Up 2018-19 Catalogue and just like the catalogue; it has endless possibilities.  The Team would love to see crafters share what makes us live for stamping and creativity! This could be by using a favourite stamp set, a particular colour combination or even the stamping tool - anything that celebrates why you love crafting. 

So I thought what would represent my love of crafting the best, stamps, dies etc.  I was then drawn to the embossing folders in the catalogue.  They create such a wonderful patterned backdrop behind certain which helps too.  When I looked, there were 7 new folders in the new catalogue.  I have ordered all of these and can't wait for these to arrive so that I can create cards with them e.g. The Tufted, The Striped Scallops or the Subtle.  But until then I will have to make do with those I have already got.  So I created my design using the Basket Weave that was so popular during Sale-A-Bration that it was brought back into the new 2018-19 Catalogue as well.

Below is my card design. 


So to create my card design, I initially created an A2 Vanilla Card Base and then another piece of Vanilla card stock (5 3/4 x 4") which was run through the Big Shot with the edgelit scalloped end which cut this about (1 3/4") from the bottom.  This was then run through the Big Shot in the embossing folder (Basket Weave).  

I adhered a piece of patterned paper onto the card base and then the cut piece of embossed card stock on top of this.  But just prior to that I had adhered a piece of blue ribbon around the edge of the embossed card stock.  Using a smaller piece of the same ribbon, I created a knot on the front.  

The next part was to stamp the images, I stamped in black Memento ink the basket of flowers, the tag and the butterfly from Blooming Basket.  I coloured these in with my Spectrum Noir alcohol makers (TN1, TN2, TN6, BGR1, JG4, JG1, JG3, CG3, CG2, PP2, PP1, IB3 and IB1).  I then coloured some rhinestones green to put onto the small black images.  I coloured around all the images with the (BRG1) which is very light grey so that when I fussy cut these the white would not show.  I put small dimensions onto all the back of all the images and placed these on top of the embossed piece of Vanilla embossed card stock.  I added (x2) rhinestones to the butterfly too.  

On the envelope I stamped the sentiment "Happy Mail" and the duck delivering the mail.  This completed my project.  If you have enjoyed this project, please let me know by leaving me some feedback in the comments, thank you so much.

Till next time, keep crafting

Lorraine
:O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...