Thursday 7 June 2018

Double Triangle Fun Fold

Double Triangle Fun Fold

Helzie Slimm set a 'Fancy Fold' Challenge on the 28th May 2018 for the members of Stampin' FOR ALL.  My two submissions for this challenge are photographed below:

I got the idea for my Fancy Fold from the lovely Kelly Acheson 'A Stamp Above' Stampin' Up demonstrator; who put a video tutorial on her YouTube channel on 1st June 2018 called "Double Triangle with Abstract Impressions".   I CASEd her design for the Fun Fold but I did not use the stamp set Abstract Impressions, the same patterned paper or sentiments.

I was able to use this card for another card challenge from Stampin' FOR ALL Facebook group set by Ian Potter.  It was a card sketch challenge and looked like this:


Weird that I could use my card in a different challenge without changing it a bit.  But that is great because it shows what a great 'Fun Fold' Kelly demonstrated in the first place on her YouTube channel. 



To make these cards you will need a piece of A4 card stock which needs to be cut to (11 x 8 1/4").  A piece of patterned paper (5 1/4 x 4") and scalloped punched circles in silver foil card stock (2 1/2"); (2") and (1 1/2").  In vanilla card stock scalloped punched circles (1 1/2") and stitched circles (1 7/8") and (1 3/8").  Also some (1/4") ribbon of the colour of your choice. 

So firstly cut the A4 card stock to size, then if it will fit in your trimmer then cut at a diagonal.  If not draw a faint line and cut with a craft knife diagonally leaving you with (x2) large triangles.  Next fold the top corner down to the bottom right-hand corner and burnish the fold.  Then fold the left-hand corner in to meet up with the opposite side and burnish the fold.  Next with the patterned paper, put this in the trimmer and cut diagonally and this will give you (x2) triangles to use on both cards.  This is adhered to the bottom triangle with snail adhesive.  (On one of my cards I was slightly out with the patterned paper so I added some silver washi tape along the edge so that my error was covered up.)  

Next for the stamping, on the vanilla circles stamp the sentiment/s; I chose "Sending Love and Hugs to you" and "Just for You..." On the other vanilla circles stamp an image, on these I chose a rose image to match the roses on the patterned paper.  The stamping was done with Memento Dewdrop Toffee Crunch.  The images were all adhered with snail adhesive onto the silver foil card stock scalloped circles and popped up on foam pads before adhering to the top right-hand corner of the card base.  The sentiment circles were slightly different, the back of these were covered with double sided tape; then a piece of (1/4") green ribbon was folded forwards and backwards and then forwards again.  Then another set of double sided tape was applied on top of the ribbon and then the silver foil card stock scalloped circles were adhered to secure the ribbon between the two pieces of card stock too.  The foam pads were placed on the left-hand side diagonal of the sentiment and placed at the edge of the bottom triangle.  This meant that the sentiment was adhered to the triangle with the patterned paper but not the plain one; but when the card was laid flat the sentiment kept the card closed.  

Finally, I stamped the sentiment "Happy Mail" onto the front of the envelopes along with the image of the duckling delivering the mail so that the recipients of these cards knows that it is not a bill!

Thank you Kelly for demonstrating to me how to create these fabulous 'Fun Folds'; which also meant that I had a fabulous entry to submit to Helzie's 'Fancy Fold Challenge'.  Thank you for coming to visit my blog page and to this particular page.  I would value your feedback a lot, thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine
:O)


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Card Lorraine, I love the fancy fold - so different xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Vickie, I love 'Fancy Folds' they just give a little extra to a project. xx

    ReplyDelete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...