Thursday 7 June 2018

Follow That Sketch!

Follow That Sketch!



My take on this sketch is this:


To create this, I first cut a Vanilla card base (5 3/4 x 4 1/8") and an extra Vanilla layer (5 5/8 x 4").  I cut a piece of patterned paper (5 4/8 x 3 7/8") and then cut this diagonally. (Only one piece necessary for this design.)  With a long piece of gold foil card stock I punched a decorative edge which measured (7").  I embossed with die of a decorative shoe in gold foil card stock.  I found (x2) Kraft & Gold coloured tags in my craft stash and added  (1/8") ribbon to the end of these.  I also used this gold ribbon around the card middle too.  I punched a gold foil sunburst circle (2") and a (1 1/2") white circle on which I stamped the sentiment "ENJOY THE Simple THINGS".  I stamped (x3) red hearts under the sentiment and added a Pink pearl as embellishment.

Now I could put this card together.  First I adhered the patterned paper to the gold foil punched edging and this was then adhered to the bottom left-hand half of the vanilla layer (but only on the edges without the gold foil).  Next the gold ribbon was secured at the back of the vanilla layer and a bow was tied at the left-hand vertical edge.  The layer was adhered to the card base using foam pads to give the card some dimension.  Now the embossed gold shoe was adhered to the patterned paper, so was the sentiment (but only on the edge touching the patterned paper).  The two tags were slipped inside the pocket formed by the triangle of pattern paper.  These were secured with a bit of double sided tape so that they did not fall out.

On the envelope I stamped the sentiment "Happy Mail" and the duckling delivering the mail so that the recipient of this card knows that it is not a bill!

I love taking part in the sketch challenges, I hope that you have enjoyed finding out how I created this particular take on Week 23's sketch.  If you did, please leave me some feedback I would really appreciate this, thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine
:O)


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Card, I love all the little details x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Vickie, I love the challenges because they challenge my creativity. xx

    ReplyDelete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...