Thursday 7 June 2018

If You Go Down in the Woods Today ...

If You Go Down in the Woods Today ...

Ian Potter's Monday's DT Challenge for Stampin' FOR ALL (June 4th 2018) was to 'Emboss with a die'.  My card for submission is photographed below:


I cut a card base in brown card stock (6 1/8 x 4 1/4") and another brown card stock layer (5 7/8 x 4 1/8") using my stitched rectangle die.  This layer was put through the Big Shot using the die embossing sandwich which uses the precision base plate and the silicone mat.  So any die can be used to emboss.  I used my Birch Tree die to emboss the image onto the layer.  This was then adhered to the card base using foam pads.  Then I transferred the Big Shot back to the magnetic plate to die cut the different parts of the bears.  Brown for their bodies and heads; White for their muzzle and bellies and Black for their noses and eyes.   Then all the pieces are adhered together using wet glue.  I put two down the bottom of the trees, one climbing a tree, one inside the card and the last one on the envelope to continue the theme throughout.  Inside the card, I glued a piece of white card stock (4 1/2 x 2 3/4") for the greeting to be written on.  On a scrap piece of Black card stock (4 x 3/4") I used my embossing buddy before stamping with Versamark the sentiment "For a BEARY SPECIAL Friend" (which comes from MFT 'Beary Special Birthday') and heat embossing this with white embossing powder.  A pennant was then cut in the left-hand side of the card stock strip.  This was put on foam pads and adhered to the top of the card.  

The only thing left to do was to stamp the sentiment "Happy Mail" onto the front of the envelope and the duckling delivering the mail which helps the recipient of this card know that they are not receiving a bill.

Thank you for coming to my blog page and spending time looking at my blog entry.  I do appreciate that, I would be grateful for any feedback you would like to give me, thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting.

Lorraine
:O)

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card Lorraine! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sacha, I do love my critters. xx

      Delete
  2. Great Card Lorraine, simple but so effective. Those bears are soooooo cute xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vickie, the die set doesn't just make bears but lots of other critters too. The more creative you are the more critters you get. xx

      Delete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...