Wednesday 6 June 2018

Layered Floral Vellum

Layered Floral Vellum


Annemarie at IN(K)SPIRE_me chose a sketch challenge this week #353 .  The sketch is below.  


My  take on this sketch is photographed below too.


To create my card, I first cut a Light Blue card stock base (5 7/8 x 5 7/8") and another Light Blue card stock layer just slightly smaller (5 6/8 x 5 6/8").  Whilst the trimmer was out I got all the cutting of the card stock completed; so  I next cut a piece of White card stock (5 7/8 x 5 7/8"), a Black piece of card stock (4 7/8 x 3 3/8") and a piece of Red foil card stock (4 6/8 x 3 2/8").  The final piece to cut was the patterned vellum, which was cut to (4 5/8 x 3 1/8").  I cut a piece of Blue stitched ribbon (8") and made a bow out of another piece.  

Next I used my Spectrum Noir Alcohol pens to give the patterned vellum some colour (DR2, DR4, JG2, JG3, TN9, OR2, PL5, LV3 and BT8).  

Now to put my card together, I adhered the light blue, the white, the black and the red foil card stocks with wet glue straight onto each other.  I then stuck some tape on the back of the white card stock to hold the blue stitched ribbon and also used some double sided tape to adhere the bow onto this.  

I had some gold border stickers so I put these around the outside of the vellum piece.  I added some gems so that I had places to put adhesive and a sticker 'Happy Birthday' gold sentiment to match in the gold border.  

Inside the card I put a strip of the red foil card stock and the coloured flower vellum down the right-hand side and also a 'Happy Birthday' sentiment which was vertical too.  

On the envelope I stamped the sentiment 'Happy Mail' and the image of the duckling delivering the mail so that the recipient of this card would know it was not a bill!

Thank you for coming to my blog page, I appreciate all feed back.

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine
:O)


2 comments:

  1. I love the colours in this card Lorraine, and the ribbon pulls it all together x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Vickie, I am experimenting with vellum at the moment so wasn't totally sure about this card. xx

    ReplyDelete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...