Tuesday 5 June 2018

All My Hearts

All My Hearts

Just Add Ink's  #411 card challenge is a sketch challenge this week.
  

My entry for this challenge is photographed below:


To create my entry, I first took a piece of card that had different pastel colours on it and cut into a card base (5 1/2 x 4 1/8").  On my Big Shot I cut a large stitched rectangle (5 1/8 x 3 1/2") using my MFT stitched rectangle dies.  I also die cut a number of different sized hearts (some plain, some decorative).  From my craft stash I found a pink card stock envelope and a suitable tag sentiment which says "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU".  

Next I put my card together.  I adhered the stitched frame using foam squares (which gave the frame some dimension).  I then adhered the pink envelope onto the bottom right-hand corner of the frame using double sided tape.  The other hearts were layered across the card front right up to the top left-hand corner.  These were adhered using wet glue and some foam squares to stop them collapsing.  

The sentiment was a tag so I threaded some pink and white Baker's Twine through this and secured it under the large floral heart with some double sided tape.  I adhered the tag the same way onto the corner of the stitched frame.  

This was quite a quick card to put together once I had decided what to do and the die cutting was complete.  On the envelope I stamped the sentiment "Happy Mail" and the duckling delivering the mail; this helps the recipient of this card know it is not a bill!  

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog post; I would appreciate any feedback.

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine
:O)


10 comments:

  1. I love the way your hearts look as though they're floating out of the little pink envelope, & that tag/twine is super cute. Thanks for joining the challenge fun at Just Add Ink this week. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patrice for your comments, the intention was to make them look like they were floating away. xx

      Delete
  2. Such a pretty card, Lorraine! Your exploding envelope of hearts is gorgeous and I love how they are cascading up your card. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan. I really appreciate your feedback xx

      Delete
  3. What a fun idea to create a chain of hearts using the sketch & add a shaker. Got to love a shaker. :) Thanks for joining our sketch challenge at Just Add Ink.
    Di :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Di for your comments but I haven't created a shaker; sorry. x

      Delete
  4. I agree, it looks like the hearts are flying out of the envelope. Lovely collection of hearts and papers. A card for someone special. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chantell for your comments, I just loved how the hearts looked so random coming out of the little envelope a bit like Mary Poppins bag. xx

      Delete
  5. Absolutely beautiful card Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...