Tuesday 5 June 2018

Gold Shaker!

Gold Shaker!

Color Throwdown Challenge #495 was a colour challenge this week to use the colours Navy, Gold and Burgundy.


My entry to this challenge is photographed below:


So to create my card I first cut a Navy card base (5 3/4 x 4 1/8").  I die cut (x2) large stars; (x2) medium stars and (x2) small stars into a piece of thick Gold card stock to create spaces for the shakers.  I filled in the edges with the spare pieces of gold card stock.  Acetate was adhered onto the back of the gold card stock with double sided tape to create the shaker windows.  Foam tape was adhered in pieces all around the edges of the stars and all around the rest of the gold card stock so that it did not sink.  

Inside each star I put gold beads, gold stars and purple sequins.  The tape backing was removed and another pieces of Navy cards stock (5 3/4 x 1/8") was adhered on the back.  

Then I die cut a shape for the sentiment in Burgundy card stock and stamped 'JUST TO SAY ...' on this in black Memento ink.  I die cut the same shape in gold foil card stock and cut this one in half to create a mat for the sentiment.  They were adhered together using wet glue and then adhered to the front of the card with a foam pad.  

Inside the card I adhered a white card stock rectangle (4 3/8 x 2 3/4") and stamped the sentiment "Happy Birthday" and also a small gold star to carry on the theme from the front of the card.

On the envelope I adhered another gold star in the bottom left-hand corner; again to carry on the theme.  I also stamped the sentiment "Happy Mail" in the top left-hand corner along with the image of the duckling carrying the envelope.  This is to let the recipient of this card know that they are not getting a bill!

This completed my project.  If you have liked my project please let me know by giving me some feedback thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting.

Lorraine
:O)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...