Tuesday 26 June 2018

Beautiful Banners

Beautiful Banners



My take and entry for this week's sketch challenge is as photographed below:


So to recreate my take on this week's sketch challenge firstly you would need to make a Vanilla card stock card base (5 3/4 x  4 1/8").  Then cut a piece of purple card stock (5 5/8 x 4"), on this stamp a small flower image with a tone-on-tone ink (I used Memento Dewdrop Grape Jelly and a flower stamp that was in my craft stash). Whilst I had the stamp and ink out I stamped a line of the flower on the bottom of the envelope and also a line of them up the right-hand side inside the card.  I found a suitable shaped die cut for the sentiment to be stamped on.  I stamped the sentiment in the Grape Jelly "Happy BIRTHDAY" and also a number of the flower image around the edge of the die cut shape. 
 Next I found three different patterned papers which would go together on the card.  All of those I chose had some yellow in them so I decided to back these onto yellow card stock.  

So I cut the yellow card stock to (1 5/8") and the pattern paper to (1 1/2") wide.  (The lengths do not matter at present). I then put all the yellow card stock together and cut a pennant end creating the banner.  I repeated this process with the patterned paper but ensuring that the pennant mid-point was just a tiny bit higher than the yellow card stock one; so that then the patterned paper would sit neatly on top of the yellow card stock both with pennant ends creating three banners.  The pattern paper was adhered onto the yellow card stock using double sided tape.  The banners were then adhered to the purple card stock with foam pads and then the excess at the top removed with scissors.

A piece of dark purple ribbon about (9") long was put along the top quarter of the card front, I tied the bow first before adhering the ends with double sided tape at the back of the purple card stock.  To keep the bow from unravelling I put strong glue dots underneath the knot and the ends of the bow.  This was then adhered to the card front using double sided tape.  

The sentiment was adhered over the ribbon using square foam pads and the final embellishment to the card was to add some pearls to the centre of the whole flowers on the sentiment die cut shape and 5 of the flowers on the purple card stock.  On the envelope, I also stamped the sentiment "Happy Mail" and the image of the duckling delivering the mail in order that the recipient of this card knows that it is not a bill!

If you have enjoyed this blog of this card project, please let me know by leaving me some kind feedback.  Thank you.

Until next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine
:O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...