Tuesday 26 June 2018

Birthday Sketch Challenge

Birthday Sketch Challenge

Ian Potter from Stampin' FOR ALL Facebook group set the Wednesday 13th June 2018 Sketch Challenge as a Birthday Sketch Challenge (as it was his birthday).  The sketch was as follows:


My entry for the challenge is photographed below:



To recreate my card initially you will need four animal characters.  These are Simon Says Stamp Picture Book Characters (the Koala, the large Monkey, the Otter and the Zebra).  They are die cut out of card stock scraps and adhered to a piece of thin paper with wet glue.  

The Vanilla card base measured (5 3/4 x 4 1/8") and the patterned paper was (5 5/8 x 4") and it was glued straight to the card base front using double sided tape.  Then cut 4 pieces of cream card stock measuring (2 3/8 x 1 3/4").  The cream die cut frames I had already in my craft stash but they after the cream card stock was adhered to the patterned paper the frames were adhered to the card stock using square foam pads.  The Picture Book Animals were adhered inside the frames using square foam pads as well.  

Finally the (2 x 2") die cut yellow card stock was also from my craft stash.  I used an embossing buddy on this before stamping the sentiment "from all of us" in blue pigment ink and covering this with sparkling clear embossing powder.  This was heat set and then a blue ribbon was tied in a knot around the bottom part of the die cut shape.  The shape was adhered to the centre of the card using square foam adhesive pieces.  

This completed the card project, but I then stamped the sentiment "Happy Mail" onto the front of the envelope along with the image of the duckling delivering the mail so that the recipient of this card would know it was not a bill!

Thank you for coming to see this blog page, if you have enjoyed the project please let me know through giving me some feedback on this blog thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine
:O)


5 comments:

  1. adore these little critters sooooo much, may have to treat myself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fab Karen, I have been waiting a while to get them and now I have I love them! xx

      Delete
  2. I love any critters whether they be dies, stamps or punches. I can always make a project using a critter or two. These particular dies take a little more time to put together due to the paper piercing etc. but they are also good at using up your scraps of card stock that I hoard I am afraid - I don't know whether you do or not. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, how cute are those little animals... Great Card Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vickie, I love critters and paper piercing these animals using the Big Shot and card stock scraps is no hardship. xx

      Delete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...