Tuesday 26 June 2018

"Quack" translated means "Happy Birthday"

"Quack" translated means "Happy Birthday"



My take on this sketch is photographed as below:


To recreate this card first I trimmed a piece of vanilla card stock into a card base of (5 3/4 x 4 1/8").  I got a piece of blue card stock and trimmed this to (5 5/8 x 4").  With a scallop die (1 3/4") cut this out of the blue card stock where the patterned paper is going to go so that you cannot see the hole.  Next I cut a piece of patterned paper to (5 x 1 3/4") and adhered this diagonally across the blue piece of card stock securing at the back with snail adhesive.  This blue card stock piece was then adhered straight   onto the vanilla card stock front with double sided tape. 

Next I trimmed a piece of white card stock to (4 x 3 1/4") and  sponge the edges with Memento Dewdrop Summer Sky ink.   Cut another piece of white card stock (5 x 2 1/2") and again sponge the edges with the Summer Sky ink.  Then with the same colour ink sponge the rain drop stencil and then repeat with Gray Flannel ink as well.  Next with Black Memento ink stamp the reeds and grasses at the top of this piece of white card stock.  With a scrap of white card stock die cut the puddle twice, glue these together and then sponge it with the Summer Sky ink completely.  Stamp the duck image onto a piece of scrap white card stock and colour with Spectrum Noir Alcohol Marker Pens.  Then fussy cut the duck out.  

Cut a (1 1/4") circle out of white card stock and stamp in black Memento ink the sentiment "QUACK! Translation Happy Birthday" inside the circle.   Adhere the white circle straight onto the blue scalloped circle with double sided tape.  Now to assemble the rest of the card.

Adhere the first white rectangle of card stock on top of the pattern paper and then the other rectangle piece of white card stock which has the images on it; on top of that.  At the bottom of this piece of card stock adhere the die cut puddle with wet glue.  Put the duck onto square foam pads and adhere just above the puddle.  Put the blue scalloped circle on a dimensional and adhere just below the reeds.  Finally add a flower sticker onto the sentiment circle to complete the sketch challenge for Week 23.

On the front of the envelope, I stamped the sentiment "Happy Mail" and the image of the duckling delivering the mail; this lets the recipient of this card know it is not a bill!  I also stamped the image of the duck looking rather dapper!  

If you have enjoyed this blog post, please let me know by leaving me some feedback, thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine
:O)



9 comments:

  1. I have this set from the craft mag and haven't got round to using it yet. Always something gets in the way but love what you've done with it and looking forward to seeing more of your posts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen, I have just subscribed to this magazine because just recently I have noticed that their subjects have been something I could used in my craft stash. Also a subscription gets you a £35 voucher to spend at Craft Stash - Bonus! :O)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this challenge and that card is fab, think i also have that set and not used it lol........... have way too much and everytime a mag lands through my door I get more lovely things LOL
    New follower to your blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna for your feedback, I know it is difficult with so many wonderful stamp images and dies. I do try to use all my stash at least once so that I know how it stamps or die cuts. xx

      Delete
  4. This is such a fun card. What a great challenge entry Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card and the sentiment is just great. Brilliant Lorraine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your feedback Jan, the sentiment is fun isn't it! xx

      Delete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...