Tuesday 26 June 2018

Tall & Skinny

Tall & Skinny



As it is titled it was 'Tall & Skinny'.  So this was my entry for Week 25 Stamping for Joy's Sketch Challenge: 


So to recreate my 'Tall & Skinny' card you will first need to cut a dark grey piece of card stock into a card base measuring (8 x 4 1/8").  Then cut a piece of cream card stock (7 3/4 x 4") and adhere this inside the card base to write the greeting on.  With the excess pieces of cream card stock, trim another piece to (7 3/4 x 1 3/4") and three smaller pieces to (2 x 2").  On the smaller squares I stamped three different Santoro Gorjuss girl design.  These were then coloured using Spectrum Noir Alcohol Marker pens.  The die cut frames were gifted to me by a lovely crafty friend called Nina; so it was lovely to be able to use them in this card project.  I adhered the frames onto the cream card stock with double sided tape.

In my craft stash I had some silver adhesive stickers and I took the stripes of flowers and bordered the cream piece of card stock putting a vertical sticker sentiment 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY' down the centre.  I added one of the flower stickers to each of the frames too.  Before adhering the cream strip of card stock I tied a piece of lilac ribbon into a knot at the top and I also tied a piece of blue ribbon into a knot at the bottom.  This piece of cream card stock was adhered to the card base front using double sided tape.

Then I put square foam pads at the back of each of the coloured frames, putting the lilac frame at the top, the peach in the middle and the blue at the bottom.   To complete this project, I stamped the sentiment 'Happy Mail' on the front of the envelope and the image of the duckling delivering the mail so that the recipient of this card would know that it was not a bill!

If you have enjoyed this blog post, please leave me some feedback thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine
:O) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...