Tuesday 24 July 2018

For The Boys

For The Boys

One of the most difficult type of cards I find to do is masculine cards.  This is possibly because there are so many more stamp sets on the market that are geared towards female or feminine cards; but I was determined to try and make at least one masculine card every week.  I do have friends that are blokes so I do need cards for them too!  

On this particular blog post I am publishing three of my very different masculine cards:  


This first one, the base is a dark brown plaid card stock folded in half with a piece of wood textured patterned paper up the centre.  The mat being a piece of dark red card stock creating a frame for the image.  The image is a technique called 'decoupage' where layers of a picture/image are added using foam pads creating depth and dimension.  (This particular decoupage set was gifted to me by a crafter who was giving up making cards.)  I stamped the sentiment 'Just For You' onto a piece of white card stock and created pennants in both ends, two black rhinestones were used to represent screws.  The final embellishment I used was a piece of burlap across the right-hand top corner. 



This second card was created on a Vanilla card base, I added the geometric shaped patterned paper on top of this with a very small margin (1/16th).  The layer was black card stock and this ran from top to bottom leaving the patterned paper to be seen at either side.  This card was created using transfers (again gifted to me from an ex-crafter).  Transfers come on a sheet and you cut what images you want out and lay these onto the surface they are to go on and using a wooden stick or even your bone folder you rub smoothly until the transfer moves from the sheet to the card stock (Literally 'transfers' from one to the other!)  The images can be overlapped to create a design.  I added transfer images inside the card and onto the envelope too.  On the envelope I transferred a baseball glove and then transferred a baseball into the centre of the glove as though it had been caught.  



This third card was also created on a Vanilla card base but I created a Vanilla frame by cutting out the centre with a stitched rectangle on the Big Shot.  This frame was adhered over the image using foam pads to create depth and dimension.  The images were transferred onto a piece of white card stock.  These transfer images were related to the Sea (again gifted to me).  In order that the Lighthouse and boats looked as though they were on the sea; after I had transferred the images I sponged 'Pool Party' ink lightly around the bottom half of the card stock, I repeated this with sky but I barely touched the card stock leaving it a very pale blue.  There was a gap from the seagull flying and the Lighthouse and I did not have a transfer relevant to put in the space; so I took my black gel pen and I drew a flock of birds flying which completed my image.  I did not want to add a sentiment across the image on this card and in my craft stash I have some adhesive stickers; in which I found some gold stickers in the words 'Happy Birthday' going vertically which were ideal for this project.  I put one either side of the frame.  An image was put inside the card as well.

To complete all three cards, I stamped the sentiment "Happy Mail" onto the envelope along with the duckling delivering the mail to ensure that the recipient of these cards would know that they were fun rather than a bill.  

If you have enjoyed my masculine cards blog post, please leave me some feedback perhaps tell me which is your favourite and why?  Thank you and come back again.

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine
:O)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...