Tuesday 24 July 2018

Card Sketch Challenges

Card Sketch Challenges

These card sketch challenges are from the Face Book Group Stamp with Joy for Weeks 27, 28 and 29.  I have got behind on my blog posts so I thought as I had three card designs from the past three weeks that I posted these together.  If you click onto the week number under each sketch you will be taken to the album and you will be able to see all the card entries for that week's sketch.  So let's get going.  Firstly Week 27:


This is my entry for Card Sketch Week 27:


So my entry this week was on a white card base (8 1/4 x 5 7/8" scored at 4 1/8") with a black card stock layer (5 5/8 x 3 7/8") and a white mat (5 3/8 x 3 5/8").  I put the mat through the Big Shot in  the Stampin' Up 'Tufted' embossing folder.  Then I cut out three black card stock scalloped circles (2 3/4, 2 1/2 and 2 1/4").  Also I cut out three white card stock stitched circles (2 1/2, 2 1/4 and 2").  On the white card stock circles I stamped in Stampin' Up Basic Grey ink dandelion images, I also stamped these images inside the card and on the envelope as well.  Two pieces of ribbon were used a black ribbed piece and a white spotty piece; these were adhered on top of the largest circle and behind the embossed white card stock.  The ends were cut at an angle to match the sketch.  To complete my sketch I added the further two smaller circles and embellished my design with some Wink of Stella on a few of the dandelion images.  

Now for Week 28: 


This is my entry for Card Sketch Week 28:



My entry for Card Sketch Week 28 is a little bit different.  I did not want to have a square and a rectangle because I thought this would be too plain.  So I looked in both my stamp and die files to see what else I could use.  I found this teacup die which I had not used before and I thought that it was a good match to the rectangle shape but was a bit quirky too!  So on the Big Shot I cut out the four different tea cups using the die and different coloured scraps of card stock.  I also used some scraps of card stock for underneath the spotty teacups and some brown card stock for the top teacup too.  These pieces then needed to be paper pierced together to create the whole image again.  I found a great patterned piece of card stock for the card base (It looked a bit like Tea Room wallpaper).  I left off the layer card stock in this card design because I felt it was unnecessary.  On a piece of scrap white card stock I stamped the head of 'Millie Mouse' from Inky Antics and I then stamped it again onto the light blue (2 1/4") card stock square and also inside the card on the white card stock.  I coloured Millie's head in using the inks on an acetate block and an Aqua pen.  When the ink had dried I added highlights with my white gel pen. The Postage Stamp shaped Coastal Cabana card stock was gifted to me by Nina Tanner (a crafty pal).  This was ideal to layer the light blue card stock square.  I stamped two sentiments the first onto the blue card stock square which says 'Just For You' and the second one on the bottom teacup saying 'You're Special to me!'  I adhered the two squares together and then adhered these to the top of the card base.  The  Teacups were then adhered to the card base too.  The only piece that had any dimension was 'Millie Mouse', she was popped up on foam pads.  

Lastly here is Week 29: 


Here is my entry for Card Sketch Week 29:


Lastly my entry for card sketch Week 29, this is on a white card base with a light blue layer.  The layer was put through the Big Shot in the "Happy Birthday" embossing folder.  The mats for this design were patterned paper.  So there were two square pieces (2 1/4 and 2 1/2") and two rectangular pieces (4 1/2 x 2") and (4 3/4 x 2 5/8").  The black stars/sprinkles patterned paper was adhered to the blue and white crossed piece and vice versa with the square pieces.  This meant that the sentiment could be embossed onto the blue square.  Embossed in gold embossing powder was "Happiest of BIRTHDAYS TO YOU".  Before the patterned paper shapes were adhered onto the embossed layer a dark pink ribbon was wrapped around starting from the front of the card layer.  In my craft stash I had some gold stars which were ideal for this card sketch.  

All of the envelopes were finished off the same way for each of these card designs.  I stamped the sentiment 'Happy Mail' and stamped the image of the duckling delivering the mail too.  These help the recipient of these cards hopefully to know that they are not bills.

If you have enjoyed this blog post, please leave me some feedback.  Perhaps you could tell me which of my card sketches you liked the best and why?  Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post.

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine
:O)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...