Tuesday 24 July 2018

Stripes

Stripes

Stampin' For All FaceBook group were set a Sketch Challenge by Ian Potter on Wednesday 27th June 2018 the sketch we had to follow is below.  If you click on the words 'Sketch Challenge' above then you will be able to see all the entries for this challenge.  


I also used this particular design in another Stampin' For All challenge.  It was for Sandra Riley's Tic Tac Toe; because my design followed the bottom line of Yellow, Stripes and Thanks.  If you press on Sandra's name you will see all the entries for this challenge too. 


My card design created using this sketch is photographed below:


So to create my design for this card sketch I first cut a card base in yellow card stock (8 1/4 x 5 7/8 scored at 4 1/8").  I then cut (x5) pieces of patterned paper (5 x 3/4") as indicated on the sketch; I adhered these to a layer of white card stock (5 3/8 x 3 7/8") creating the stripes.  There was about 1/2" gap left at the bottom of the white card stock under the stripes; so I looked in my craft stash and found a piece of yellow velvet scalloped ribbon which I adhered with double sided tape to the bottom of the stripes and secured at the back of the white card stock layer.  The bottom of the stripes looked great now but the top of the stripes looked too plain!  

Back to my craft stash, I then found some doilies and one of the small heart shaped ones folded over the top of the striped patterned pieces was great.  The white card stock layer was then adhered to the yellow card base.  

Next I used the Big Shot to cut out (x4) black card stock 'Thanks' before adhering them together.  I adhered this to the stripes using wet glue.  I put Glossy Accents on top of all the letters and sprinkled fine glitter on the top.  (Glossy Accents needs at least 24 hours to dry completely!)  

To complete my card, I stamped the sentiment 'Happy Mail' on the front of the envelope along with the image of the duckling delivering the mail.  This helps the recipient when this falls onto their door mat know that it is not a bill but something nicer!

Thank you for coming to my blog post, I hope you have enjoyed finding out how I created this particular card design.  If you did, please leave me some feedback and I hope to see you again.

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine
:O)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...