Monday 30 July 2018

MFT Characters

MFT Characters

The MFT sketch challenge (#MFTWSC395) looks like this:


I don't know about you but I love the MFT characters, whether they are critters or otherwise.  MFT have just done something right with them all, they just appeal to me.  So when I saw the sketch challenge for this week I decided to try and put as many of the characters as I could onto it.  

This is my card project using the sketch above.  



So in order to create this card I looked for the MFT characters I had in my craft stash and I chose:

A Bear from "Beary Special Birthday"
An Elephant from "Adorable Elephants"
A Hippo from "Happy Hippos"
A Dragon from "Magical Dragons"
An Astronaut from "Space Explorer"
and a Chef from "Recipe for Happiness".

I trimmed a card base (8 1/4 x 5 7/8" scored at 4 1/8") from Stampin' Up "Lovely Lipstick" card stock.  I cut a white layer (5 5/8 x 3 7/8") for the inside and using another piece of white card stock I die cut a stitched circle (3 1/2").  I then trimmed a strip of Stampin' Up "Call Me Clover" card stock (1" x 5") and very lightly with a pencil drew where this was going to lay across the circle die cut.

Then masked when necessary when I was stamping the MFT characters.  I did use my stamping positioning tool because I could darken the Black Memento ink if necessary.  I also stamped directly onto the card front with some butterflies and presents.  These images I carried on inside the card and also on the envelope.  Before I put the inks away, I stamped the sentiment "Happy Mail" and the image of the duckling delivering the letter onto the envelope so that the recipient of this card would know that they were not receiving a bill!

Next I coloured my MFT characters with my Prismocolor Pencils and used my Prismo-blend pen to smooth out the pencil lines.  I added some white highlights with my white gel pen and I darkened their eyes using my black gel pen.

Now I was onto the sentiment, I used my embossing buddy first on the card stock strip and then stamped 'Happy Birthday' with Versamark, added Gold embossing powder and heat set.  I also heat set the images whilst I was doing this too in order that the gel pens were fixed and would not smudge when I was putting the card together.

Not much to put on this card base, the inside layer adhered using double sided tape and the circle was adhered using dimensionals to give some depth.  Then the strip was adhered using double sided tape as well.  This completed my project.

I love it!  If you love my MFT character card as much as me, then leave me some feedback/comments below thank you.  Until next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine
:O)


2 comments:

  1. Aww Lorraine, this is such a cute card!! Great use of imagination to get the sketch details perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Vickie, it was a lot of masking but I think it was necessary. xxx :O)

    ReplyDelete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...