Tuesday 31 July 2018

Christmas in July

Christmas in July


 My card project for Crafter's Castle is photographed below:


This is one of my favourite techniques when it comes to cards and especially Christmas Cards.  I first cut a square Vanilla card base.  I trimmed a Vanilla card layer the same size as the card base front panel and then two smaller Vanilla squares.  Also I  cut a Vanilla rectangle for the sentiment.  

Next I cut the Musical score DSP (I don't know where the patterned paper is from) into three pieces; each piece a 1/4" smaller than the Vanilla card stock. All the pieces of DSP and card stock were sponged on the edges with a light brown ink.  

So the next step is to get the three pieces of DSP and put them one on top of each other (centring them as accurately as possible).  I had some low tack tape which made this easier to do.  Now with green and red water colour pens I coloured over the holly leaves and berries whilst this was on the acetate block.  Then I turned this over, huffed (a technical term - breathe onto the ink to moisten it! - LOL) and stamped the image.  I continued this all over the three pieces of Vanilla card stock.  Whilst all the inks etc. are out I stamped the sentiment in green ink "Season's Greetings" onto the Vanilla rectangle.   On the envelope I stamped the sentiment "Happy Mail" and the image of the duckling delivering the letter; this enables the recipient of the card not to think they are getting a bill!

The next stage is to  adhere the pieces together. I generally adhere the DSP to the corresponding piece of card stock first with double sided tape.  This then helps me to remember to tie the ribbon around the smallest piece and tie a bow a little off-centre.  The sentiment is adhered just underneath the bow on the smallest piece of DSP.  (NB: Always adhere each of the DSP pieces the same way round.  So I would draw a tiny pencil dot at the top of each piece before I start stamping.)
9ing the pieces together starting with the largest down to the smallest.  Still remembering to have the DSP the same way around so that the pattern stamped although no actually touching they are continued around the DSP and onto the smallest pieces as well.  The final thing to do is to adhere the whole thing to the  Vanilla card base for strength.

I hope you enjoyed finding out how I made this "Christmas in July" project.  If you did, please leave me some feedback/comments.  Until next time, keep crafting!


Lorraine
:O)

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. Thank you for joining us at the Crafter's castle challenge. - Priya Satish DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your feedback Priya and can I say what a pretty name you have too. xxx :O)

    ReplyDelete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...