Wednesday 1 August 2018

It's Your Birthday

It's Your Birthday

IN(K)Spire_Me's Challenge #360 is to use any of the card sketches/colour combinations from over the past 7 years (as they have turned 7 years old) from the Archives.  

I spent a long time looking through the Archives and thoroughly enjoyed this.  I choose my sketch challenge and wrote down the number on my ReMarkable.  But when I came to start writing this blog did I remember that I had written the number down - NO!  I spent some considerable time going through the archives again until I suddenly remembered that I had written the sketch challenge number down.  (Year 2011, #017)  This is the sketch challenge I chose.


This is my version of the card sketch above:


I am also going to use this card project for a Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week set by Sandra Riley for the FaceBook Group - "Stampin For All".  The Tic Tac Toe board looks like this:



So initially I created a Very Vanilla card base (8 1/4 x 5 7/8 scored at 4 1/8") and an additional Very Vanilla layer (5 5/8 x 4").  On this layer I stamped the banner and candles from Stampin' Up "Celebration Time" stamp/die set in both Pool Party and Lemon Lime Twist.  I then on a piece of Very Vanilla card stock (4 x 1 1/2") I wrapped ribbons in stripy Pool Party and stripy Lemon Lime Twist around horizontally; leaving a Very Vanilla strip in between. In my craft stash I found a large light blue brad that I attached to the ribbons.  (The ribbons and brad were secured behind).  This was then layered onto a piece of DSP from Stampin' Up "Wood Textures" and then onto the stamped card stock with double sided tape.

Then I cut another piece of Very Vanilla card stock (1 3/4 x 3 1/8") and layered this onto another piece of the "Wood Textures" DSP creating a small 1/8" edge.  On a scrap of Very Vanilla, I stamped the 'It's Your Birthday' sentiment in the shape of the cake and die cut this out using the Big Shot and the cake die available in this set.  Putting this directly onto the Very Vanilla meant it wasn't very clear; so I sponged Pool Party all around the edge and onto the fancy top and the stand.  Then I popped this up on dimensionals.  Whilst the black Memento ink was out I also stamped the same images as on the background inside the card and onto the envelope to extend the theme of this card.  I also stamped the sentiment "Happy Mail" and the image of the duckling delivering a letter; which helps the recipient of this card know that they are getting something nice rather than a bill!

At the bottom of the card sketch #017 it looked as though there was a knot so, I secured one of the ribbons at the back on the right and the other on the left.  I brought the two ends together in the middle and created a knot and this completed my project.

I love these two colours together, I would not initially have put them together but I went onto Stampin' Up Colour Coach and saw that these were put together with Sahara Sand.  Although I didn't use Sahara Sand I did use a brown in the "Wood Textures" DSP.  If you like my project, please leave me some feedback/comments.

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine
:O)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...