Sunday 5 August 2018

Hello Baby

Hello Baby



This is my interpretation of the sketch challenge.


I used a light pink card base (8 1/4 x 5 7/8" scored at 4 1/8") with a stripy piece of DSP (decorated patterned paper) measuring (5 5/8 x 3 7/8").  On this I stamped "Hello Baby" in light pink ink.  I then cut 3 squares (1 1/4") in the same pink card stock as the card base.  

On some scrap white card stock I stamp the images of the three baby toys (the bear, the rabbit and the lamb) and I coloured these in with inks as near to the colours in the stripes in the DSP.  When dry I used my black gel pen just to brighten up their eyes.  

In my craft stash I found some Vanilla (1") ribbon and some Pink Tulle ribbon as well.  I laid the Vanilla piece across the DSP and then put the Pink on top dropping it down slightly.  These were adhered at the back of the DSP.  The pink squares were then adhered to the ribbon and the images popped up on dimensionals on these squares.  

To complete my project I adhered pink sequins all over the DSP and glued a small pearl into each sequin as well.  On the envelope I stamped the image of the baby with the umbrella and the sentiment again 'Hello Baby'.  I also stamped the sentiment "Happy Mail" and the image of the duckling delivering the mail" so that the recipient of this card would know that they were not getting a bill!

Although I had created this project for the Facebook Group Weekly Card Sketch Challenge; I also knew that my son's partner's sister was having a little baby girl very shortly.  We got the news that Lola Jayne was born last night (3.8.2018) and Mum and baby are doing well!

If you liked my project please leave me some feedback/comments, thank you. Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine
:O)  


2 comments:

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...