Sunday 5 August 2018

Owl Birthday Wishes

Owl Birthday Wishes


My interpretation of this card sketch is photographed below:-


First I cut a card base out of Stampin' Up "Call Me Clover" card stock (8 1/4 x 5 7/8" scored at 4 1/8") and a layer out of "Coastal Cabana" (5 5/8 x 3 7/8").  

On the Big Shot I die cut half a scalloped circle for the top of the card.  I then looked in my scraps folders (where I keep all the smaller pieces of card stock that are still useable but not big enough for a layer or mat) for some pieces for the banners.  I came across a piece of patterned paper with owls on it!  Ideal for this project and so I looked for another piece to go with this too.  I cut the pennant ends with my snipes and adhered the banners to the layer using double sided tape.  I also adhered the white scalloped circle with double sided tape as well.  

In my embellishment box I knew that I had some owl buttons because I love owls, so I went to see what one would be suitable.  I found a lovely little brown own button - ideal!  Using Stampin' Up 'Night of Navy' Baker's twine I threaded this through the button and around the card layer twice before bringing it back up through the other hole in the button.  The owl button was secured using a glue dot and I tied a knot in the Baker's twine and cut off the excess.  I put a bit of wet glue onto the end of the Baker's twine and pushed this back into the button holes to make the front of the button neat.  

I have just received my Issue 127 Papercraft Essentials magazine and in that there were some stamps one which was a suitable sized sentiment "Birthday Wishes"; which I stamped at a jaunty angle at the bottom of the card stock layer using Black Versamark ink.  Inside the card I had adhered a piece of white card stock (5 5/8 x 3 7/8") so that a greeting could be written; but I also stamped an image of some grasses and flowers from the same set of stamps from the magazine.  I repeated this on the envelope as well.  Also on the envelope, I stamped the sentiment "Happy Mail" and the image of the duckling delivering the mail so that the recipient of this card would know it was not a bill!

If you have enjoyed this project, please leave me some feedback/comments thank you.  Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine
:O) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...