Wednesday 25 July 2018

Waterfront

Waterfront

Karen McClure sets Colour Challenges for those part of Stampin' For All Facebook Group, you can ask for as many different challenges as you want.  If you press on Karen's name it will take you to the album with all the entries in her challenge.  


So the colours Karen gave me were So Saffron, Granny Apple Green, Very Vanilla, and So Suede.  I decided to use the Stampin' Up "Waterfront" stamp set.  I was also able to use the same design in another Stampin' For All Card Challenge named 'Summer' as well.


I trimmed an A4 piece of Very Vanilla card stock to (8 1/4 x 5 7/8" scored at 4 1/8") for the card base.  I then cut a piece of So Saffron (5 5/8 x 3 7/8") for the layer and then a piece of Soft Suede (5 3/8 x 3 5/8") for the mat.  I finally cut a piece of watercolour paper 1/8th smaller to go on top.  

So I started with 'Pool Party' at full strength at the bottom for the sea and I sponged the same blue ink at the top for the sky but this was a lot lighter.  I sponged a So Saffron sun.  I then inked up Soft Suede and stamped a mountain image full strength and then second generation and repeated this.  I sponged the Soft Suede from the mountain area right up to the water edge.  I then inked up the palm tree trunks in Soft Suede too.  The beach huts and palms on the trees were stamped with Granny Apple Green ink.   

I put a small twine bow in the bottom left-hand corner.  Then I used Memento Black for the sentiment "Every Little Kindness Makes the World Brighter" and also for the flock of birds in the sky.  This ink was then used to stamp the sentiment "Happy Mail" on the front of the envelope and the image of the duckling delivering the mail which is to indicate to the recipient of this card that they are not receiving a bill.

If you have enjoyed visiting my blog post, please let me know by leaving some comments in the feedback thank you.  

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine
:O)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...