Monday 22 October 2018

Autumn is Coming!

Autumn is Coming!

So yet again I have managed to create a project that can be used for two different challenges.  These two challenges are both though from my FaceBook Group 'Stampin' For All'.  

The first challenge was a Design Team challenge and it was set by the lovely Ian Potter on 17th September 2018 with the title 'Autumn is Coming!'.

The second challenge was a Tic Tac Toe challenge set by the gorgeous Gez Carpenter.  The Tic Tac Toe grid looked like this:  

                                             Die           Stamp            Heat Emboss

                                             Ribbon     Embossing     Buttons
                                                              Folder

                                             DSP          Punch             Baker's Twine






My project took the route across the bottom line of the Tic Tac Toe grid (shown in bold).  So initially I found a brown plaid card stock base and trimmed a Kraft piece of card stock as my mat.  I used a scrap piece of DSP (Designer Series Paper/Patterned Paper) from Stampin' Up 'Wood Textures' to line a die cut double stitched rectangle in black card stock (this was gifted to me).  I used copper Baker's Twine wrapped around the Kraft card stock three times.  All these layers were adhered down on each other using my double sided tape runner.  

I then stamped one of my Santoro Gorjuss Girl stamps (the hedgehog I felt made it Autumnal).  I coloured this image in with my Derwent Pastel pencils (using as many Autumnal colours as possible).  I stamped the sentiment 'Hello' and adhered this onto the project using foam pads.  

Next I used leaves which had been punched/die cut and gifted to me by the lovely Nina Tanner; to create a very colourful base to my card.  With a couple of left over leaves, I decorated the inside of the card as well.  

I love how this project turned out, I had in mind what I wanted to do but until it started going together I wasn't 100% certain.  Thank you for coming to see my blog and if you liked this project too please leave comments/feedback.

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine
:O)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...