Sunday 21 October 2018

Gold Monotone

Gold Monotone

I have used my created project below for the "Cotswold Crafters" card sketch challenge for the week beginning Monday 15th October set by Sandra Riley and also Ian Potter's Design Team project "Monotone Challenge" also on the 15th October for the Face Book Group "Stampin' For All".




Having a sketch challenge is often just the help you need as a crafter to get a project off the ground.  This gives you the inspiration to put something together.  I have been very, very frugal with this particular project.  The main card base is one of Stampin' Up 'Gold Foil-Edged Cards and Envelopes.'  The DSP (designer speciality paper/patterned paper) was gifted to me through a Pocket Letter swap; I trimmed 4 pieces to equal size and then trimmed 3 thinner pieces of gold foil paper to go in between.  I also trimmed a longer piece of the solid gold foil paper to go across the top.  I cut a gold foil circle using my Stampin' Up 'Star Burst' punch and die cut a circle (2") to stamp the sentiment 'Enjoy the simple things' onto.  These were adhered together and I coloured in the black hearts with my gold pen to match everything else.  The big star and 2 sticker stars were from my craft stash as was the thin piece of gold twine that I converted into a small bow to go at the top of the sentiment adhered by a glue dot. 

I would say that this is one of my favourite cards; all the elements are either scraps, recycled or have been gifted to me, the only new part of the project is the card base and envelope. 

Thank you for coming to visit my blog and if you liked my project please leave me some feedback/comments; they do help a lot. 

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine
:O)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...