Sunday 28 January 2018

Fit For the Boys

Male Cards



My daughter (Beckii) bought me a pair of eyelet pliers for my birthday and I had wanted to try these out.  I have always felt that eyelets on a card help to make it more manly.  So here is the first completed project.



I had a pre-formed white card base and I cut a second piece of white card stock at 5 3/4" x 3 3/4".  Then I cut a piece of DSP from my stash (5 1/2" x 3 1/2") and adhered this onto the the white card stock with snail adhesive.  I punched four holes, one in each corner and then pressed in four gold eyelets with the pliers.  I then put this onto the main card stock with foam pads.  I stamped the truck from Stampin' Up Country Livin' Stamp Set onto a white card stock oval and I coloured this with my new Prismacolour Pencils.  The oval was adhered with foam pads to the DSP and finally I heat embossed a sentiment  with white embossing powder.  (The stamp was part of the selection of sentiment dies I received with my Papercrafter Magazine Issue 117)




This one started out exactly the same as the one above apart from I used Copper coloured eyelets on  this project.  I then thought I would experiment with my Stampin' Up Waterfront Stamp Set to create a scene.  I stamped the 'Happy Birthday' sentiment afterwards with stamps from my stash.

I have recipients for both of these cards already, so they will not be in my card box for long.  I enjoyed using my new eyelet pliers, so thank you Beckii.

Till next time, keep crafting!


Lorraine

:o)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...