Thursday 25 January 2018

Stamp with Joy - Week 4 Colour Challenge

New Card Project


For the past few weeks I have been taking part in Stamp for Joy Group's Face Book Card Challenge.  This is week 4 and it is a colour challenge - to use the colours Crushed Curry, Emerald Envy and Berry Burst.  These are Stampin' Up ink colours and not everyone has these, so you could use yellow, green and a burgundy/red.  

I am lucky enough to have in my stash Crushed Curry ink (which I have never used until today) and a Stampin' Spot of Berry Burst (which I purchased from the new Spring/Summer Catalogue) because I love smaller ink pads.  

When I attend my Shared Craft Group on a Tuesday afternoon I find these smaller ink pads easier to transport and you certainly easily store more of them.  I double mine up in one of these plastic containers (cheap to purchase and light to carry).



So back to the Colour Challenge.  I used a 8" x 6" piece of green card and scored this at 4".  Then I cut a piece of yellow 5 3/4" x 3 3/4".  (Not Crushed Curry but as near as I could find in my stash)  I then used the stamp from Stampin' Up Fruit Basket which outlines the pear to stamp all over this card stock in Crushed Curry.  

I then cut a strip of burgundy card stock 3 3/4" x 1 1/4" and adhered a green organza ribbon around this and slightly below this I adhered a strip of the beautiful Berry Burst ribbon.  The ends were neatly folded behind the card stock.  I used my bow maker (thanks to  Gaynor Boyce for showing me how to use this piece of equipment) to create a double bow using both the coloured ribbons and adhered this to the card stock.  A large stamping block was put on top of this until the wet glue had dried.  

Next I cut out a heart in white card stock with my stitched frame-lits and stamped the sentiment in Berry Burst ink inside the heart - 'We make a great pear'.  I also stamped a Berry Burst tiny heart too.  So the last element to do was the pears.  I used my stamp positioner, to stamp out two pear outlines in black ink, fill in the centres with green ink and a little brown for the stalk.  Then I used the fabulous little pear punch to punch out the two pears. 

Now for the best part, putting the whole project together.  The yellow card stock was adhered straight to the green card base with snail adhesive, the burgandy strip of card stock with the ribbon was adhered towards the bottom of the card base using 'Tear and Tape' because it is stronger to hold the card stock and the ribbon.  The heart and pears were put on foam tape pieces to add dimension to my project.  

The project was now finished, I uploaded my photograph to the Stamp with Joy Group page and now was left with a fabulous Wedding Anniversary card to give to my fantastic husband on Sunday.  

What do you think?



Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine

:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...