Thursday 15 February 2018

Cross Stitch Card

Cross Stitch Card


I wanted to make a Thank You card for my Auntie Brenda and Uncle Roger because they had sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers and vase from Next which arrived all ready for me to put into the vase with water. They also sent me a pendant for a necklace and with it was this poem:

A feather from an angel is one we rarely see
But this one is quite different
And as special as can be
This feather is a reminder
Of a special person's love
Who is now your guardian angel
Watching and protecting from above

So I had a cross-stitch sampler of Hollyhocks so I stitch this and then rounded the corners before adhering it to some pink DSP which I had rounded the corner on too.  This was then glued to a piece of dark red which had an embossed pattern on it.  It was all finally adhered to a A2 white card base.  I had a 'Thank You' sentiment in my stash which I added to the top.  My project was then finished.



I would love to know what you think about my project, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine

:o)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, outstanding! This is a technique I want to try but haven't yet. Thank you for giving me much needed inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janette,
      I was a cross-stitcher before becoming a Card crafter. I still love to cross-stitch every so often and now I tend to turn these into cards as well. :O)

      Delete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...