Monday 12 February 2018

We Must Celebrate - MFTs #371

We Must Celebrate

This is the sketch from MFTs for the Sketch Challenge #371.  The next photograph you will see will be my entry for this challenge.


How did I create this entry.  Initially I had an A2 Vanilla card base in my stash, then I used my trimmer to cut a layer of Red corrugated paper, the matt was cut 1/4" smaller than this in Vanilla card stock I had in my scraps box.  I used my stencil and Stampin' Up Soft Suede Stampin' Spot ink to create a brick wall effect.  

Then I cut out 4 small stitched rectangles out of some scraps of Vanilla card stock on the Big Shot.  At the same time I cut a double notched banner with my single banner die by cutting one end but leaving the end of the die out of the plate sandwich.  Then I turned the card stock around and did the same with the notched end that had been cut, this technique created a double notched banner.   With Red card stock I cut a heart shape with my die frame lit.  

Next I stamped the sentiment onto the banner with Memento Ink and stamped all the critters from the Stampin' Up 'We Must Celebrate' stamp set.  I then put the banner on my Score Board and I scored 2 lines 1/8th apart approximately 1/4" from each end.  When these lines are folded and burnished; it creates a 3D banner. 

My favourite part of creating the project came next.  I used my Arteza water coloured pens to colour in the critters.  

Now I could assemble my project.  I adhered the corrugated paper with Red Sticky Tape onto the card base and the same with the brick stencilled card stock.  The stitched rectangles were put on with foam tape.  I cut out the critters so that they were all separate and adhered these to the rectangles using wet glue.  I used my craft knife to cut up the right hand side of the Racoon's arm so that he could put his arm over the die cut heart.  The heart was adhered with wet glue in places where it reached the stitched rectangles.  My favourite way to make the critters' eyes 'pop' is to use black Nuvo drops on them and some noses too!  This though needs to be left 24 hours flat so that it does not get spoilt.  The last thing to do was adhere the banner, this had wet glue just on the ends, so it had dimension.  My project was then finished!


I would love to know what you think about my project, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine

:o)

2 comments:

  1. Love this project!!! Thanks so much for sharing Lorraine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly,
      I had to cut up my critter stamp from the 'We Must Celebrate' because they were too close together to stamp separately even with masking. Never mind I can always put them together again on a block to stamp them together if I need to. :O)

      Delete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...