Thursday 15 March 2018

All The Pinks

All The Pinks


This time The Paper Players Colour Challenge (PP384) is 'Any shade of PINK'.  I am not a 'pink' type of girl but I thought I would give it a go.  I have promised myself that this week on the card challenges I would use as much Designer Series Paper (DSP) as possible in my designs.  My design for this challenge is below.


To create my project first I cut a (5 3/4 x 4 1/4") White side folding card base.  The next job was to look for some DSP but Pink, so I went to my scraps box and pulled out the Pink folder inside was this fabulous dark pink DSP with white stars on it.  The decision was made.  This measured (5 5/8 x 4") leaving a small White border all around the edge.  I adhered this with wet glue straight to the card base.  Inside the scraps folder I noticed some pink rice paper squares and I wondered if I had any white ones.  I looked in the white scrap folder and 'low and behold' there were some white rice paper square in there.  so I took 3 of these and adhered them to the DSP in a diamond shaped pattern.

I had not decided what my image was going to be on this card design because I knew it had to be pink.  So what could I stamp, I did not want flowers (too obvious); so I picked up my Stampin' Up "Magical Day" stamp set thinking that I could stamp the mermaid but instead I stamped 3 dragons!

So I now had 3 stamped dragons which were white at present, I filled my Aqua pens up with water and got my ink storage box out.  I took out all the ink pads that were in any way related to the colour PINK.  I 'smooshed' the inks from these pads onto an acetate block and used my Aqua pen to transfer the ink to the dragons.  When these had dried I outlined them with a black gel pen, added highlights with a white gel pen and the covered the whole images with 'Wink of Stella'.  Each dragon came out a slightly different shade of pink, I was pleased about this.  The darkest pink dragon I attached to the card base on a 'Wobbler' creating an interactive card.  The other 2 dragons I adhered with foam tape either side of the 'Wobbler'.  I then decided to stamp some flames for the centre dragon, coloured this with my watercolour pens and attached it onto the dragon with wet glue.

I stamped the dragon outline inside the card and on the front of the envelope too.  I also stamped 'Happy Mail' in the left-hand corner of the envelope.

Now for the sentiment -  I decided on 'Today is all about YOU!' from Stampin' Up 'Beautiful Peacock' stamp set.  I stamp it with Versamark ink and heat embossed it with white embossing powder on black card stock.  I then cut a banner at one end and adhered it straight to the DSP at the top left-hand corner of the card base.  This completed my project.

I would love to know what you think about my project, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!


Lorraine

:o)

6 comments:

  1. Lovely shades of pink and love the little dragons Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those dragons are so magical on this lovely pink background! I like how each one is a different shade of pink! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Claire for your feedback on my card design for the Paper Players this week. xx

      Delete
  3. Those dragons look fabulous in pink and I love your layering too. This is a great card for an adventurous girl! Thanks for joining my shades of pink challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I got to use one of my 'wobblers' too!!! LOL :O)

    ReplyDelete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...