Thursday 15 March 2018

Bella & Pals




My project for this sketch challenge is below.  


To create my project I first cut a Vanilla (5 3/4 x 4 1/4") top folding card base.  I am making a conscious effort to use Designer Series Paper (DSP) in my card designs this week, so I went to see what I had.  I found this fabulous diamond patterned DSP in pink, green and vanilla; which obviously matched the colour of the card base.  So I then got some light green card base to layer the DSP onto.  The green card stock measured (5 1/2 x 4") and the DSP measured (5 1/2 x 3 7/8").  The DSP was adhered to the green card stock with wet glue and the green card stock was adhered to the vanilla card base using foam tape.  I then found a piece of dark pink card stock and thought that it would make a good contrast piece to put down the middle of the card base.  This piece of card stock measured (5 1/2 x 2") and was adhered to the DSP using foam tape.  

Next was it was time for the image/s I cut a (3 x 3") piece of white card stock and using the Stampin' Up stamp set 'Bella & Friends' I stamped Bella the dog three times on this piece of card stock and then I stamped the parrot on the left-hand side.  To stamp the parrot on the right-hand side I had to use my Silicone Craft Mat.  I stamped the image of the parrot directly onto the craft mat and then turned this over and positioned it where I wanted the other parrot and I rubbed the back of the mat gently.  The ink transferred onto the card stock on the right-hand side creating another parrot but flying from the other direction.  I coloured each of these images in with my Prismacoloured Pencils.  I used my black gel pen to outline the images, my white gel pen to put highlights on the dogs' tags and their eyes after the black Nuvo drops had dried.  I put black Nuvo drops onto the dogs' eyes and noses to make them 'pop'.  This was adhered to the dark pink card stock with strong sticky tape.  Before putting my stamps away, I stamped a different image of Bella with another of her friends (the tortoise) onto the front of the envelope and inside the card.  I also stamped 'Happy Mail' onto the left-hand corner of the envelope.

In my stash I found 3 large card flowers which were the right colours for my design but the middles were not the right colour; so I got 3 dark pink buttons from my button tin and sewed these into the middles of the flowers.  These were adhered onto the front of the card base using foam tape due to the weight of them with the button etc.  Finally I stamped the sentiment 'You've got a friend in me', which comes from the Bella & Friends stamp set.  I had stamped this onto vanilla card stock.  I then cut a banner at one end.  I cut two other banners, one in the light green card stock and the other in the dark pink card stock.  I glued the ends together, but then spread them out.  To complete my project I adhered 3 dark pink stars.  This completed my project.

I would love to know what you think about my project, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!


Lorraine

:o)


                                                                                                                                                             

2 comments:

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...