Thursday 15 March 2018

Flying Happy!

Flying Happy!

Stampin' For All (Face Book Group) set a colour challenge to use Crushed Curry (yellow), Pool Party (blue) and Smoky Slate (grey) in a card design.  Here is my design using these colours.


To create my project first I cut a (5 1/2 x 4") blue card base.  I then cut a (5 1/4 x 3 3/4") layer in grey.  Finally I cut a blue mat which was (5 x 3 1/2").  I cut some scrap card stock into wavy lines (waiting for my cloud stencil to arrive from Simon Says Stamps) and with a sponge dauber I used Pool Party ink to sponge clouds onto the blue mat.  Then I die cut a bunch of balloons out of this mat too.  

I also cut the same die in Crushed Curry and Smoky Slate.  I adhered the grey card stock straight to the blue card base.  I added foam tape to the back of the blue mat as well as across the aperture of the balloons.  I adhered this to the grey layer.  The next job was to jigsaw all the pieces of the balloons back into the aperture onto the foam tape.  The reason why I cut further colours was so that I could use all three colours in the colour challenge in the balloons. With a white gel pen I drew highlights onto the balloons and with a black gel pen I coloured the ends representing the elastic around the bottom of the balloons.  I stamped three sets of birds around the balloons.

Next I stamped the bear out of Stampin' Up 'Cookie Cutter Christmas' in Memento Espresso Truffle and stamped his features in black Memento ink.  Using the punch I punched the shape out and then stamped his ears, cut these out and then adhered them behind his head with wet glue.  I then stamped his bow with Pool Party and punched this out with the punch too.  This was adhered to the bear with wet glue as well.  I put foam tape behind the bear and adhered him to the blue mat so he looked as though he was holding the balloons.  

On a  small piece of Crushed Curry I stamped the sentiment 'Put on a Happy Face!' cut a banner end and adhered this using foam tape.  Obviously, there was plenty of balloons left over, so I put one of each colour inside the card and on the envelope.  Not forgetting, I stamped 'Happy Mail' also on the envelope.  My project was now complete.

I would love to know what you think about my project, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!


Lorraine

:o)

2 comments:

  1. Love the Balloons Lorraine and the teddy bear is cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for lending me the balloon die Karen and my teddy is a new stamp. I love him too.

      Delete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...