Thursday 15 March 2018

Watercolour Masterpiece (Hee Hee!)

Watercolour Masterpiece (Hee Hee!)

Our Stampin' For All Face Book Group Sketch Challenge were set a sketch challenge by Amanda Charlesworth.  This is the sketch. 


This is my project created using the sketch.


To create my project I first cut a white card base (5 3/4 x 4 1/4").  I then cut a dark green layer measuring (5 1/2 x 3 3/4") which left a good white border all around the edges.  I adhered the green card stock straight to the card base with wet glue.  I then cut a (3 1/4 x 3 1/4") square out of green spotty Designer Series Paper (DSP), I have promised myself that I will use a much DSP in my project this week.  I cut this square in half diagonally and then adhered the triangles straight to the green card stock layer, one at the left-hand top corner and the other at the bottom right-hand corner.  

Next came the unusual shape, luckily I have a set of dies this shape in my stash, so I took out the largest one and the next one down and die cut a gold frame on my Big Shot with gold foil card stock.  I then used the smaller die and cut out a piece that would fit inside the frame out of watercolour paper.

Next came the stamping.  First I stamped the floral image on the front of the envelope and inside the card base.  I also stamped my 'Happy Mail' stamp on the envelope too and I stamped a sentiment inside the card 'To Someone Very Special'.  Now for the image on the watercolour paper, I used my Embossing buddy first all over the white watercolour paper.  Then I stamped the image with Versamark ink.  I covered the area with white embossing powder and heat set this with my heat gun.  (This is the first time I have done this.)  I then 'smooshed' different coloured inks onto my acetate block and I used my Aqua pen to watercolour the floral image on the watercolour paper.  I allowed this to dry completely.  

I then put foam tape on the back of both the gold frame and the watercolour paper.   This gave some dimension to the overall project.  My project was now complete.


I would love to know what you think about my project, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!


Lorraine

:o)



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie, this is first time I have heat embossed a large stamp image at all let alone water coloured it afterwards. Will definitely be trying this technique again in the future. :O)

      Delete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...