Thursday 15 March 2018

Easter Wreaths

Easter Wreaths

I was asked by the Art Therapist at The Rosewood Centre, Dewsbury District Hospital if I would try and make a couple of different Easter Wreaths that the other patients could make when they came to the centre.

Catherine, (The Art Therapist) gave me two small polystyrene rings.  I search Pininterest for some ideas and decided to do a Easter Flower Wreath and an Easter Bunny Wreath.  I have taken photographs of both the completed wreaths and these are below.


For the Easter Flower Wreath, initially I wound green wool around the polystyrene ring and as I reached the end I cut a green piece of ribbon which I glued to the polystyrene ring before finishing the rest of the wool.  

I then used my flower and leaf dies on the Big Shot and cut different flower and leaf shapes out of fun foam in a variety of colours.  I then glued these in an arrangement at the bottom of the ring.  I stamped an Easter sentiment on yellow card stock and glued this to the back of the ring so that it could be seen from the front in the centre of the ring.  This completed this project. 


For the Easter Bunny Wreath, I wound brown wool around the whole polystyrene ring.  Using my Big Shot and dies, I then cut 2 large brown card stock ovals for the ears and 2 smaller pink fun foam ovals for the inner ears.  These were glued together and left to dry.   I cut 2 small brown card stock ovals for the feet and 2 small pink fun foam circles for the pink pads.  Finally I cut 6 very small pink fun foam circles for the toe pads.  The pink circles were adhered to the brown ovals and left to dry.

I stamped an Easter sentiment on yellow card, this was glued to the back of the polystyrene ring.  I then adhered the 2 brown ears either side of the brown wood loop (to hang the Wreath up with) at the back of the ring.  Then I adhered the 2 small brown feet to the front bottom of the ring.  This completed this project.

I would love to know what you think about my projects, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!


Lorraine

:o)

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic Easter Wreaths Lorraine. The fun foam flowers look really effective and the bunny wreath is just so cute! I love the little feet. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I popped over from Mixedupcrafts Blog.
    I just LOVE your Bunny Wreath, the way you have done the feet just makes it.
    I really like the other one as well, the Bunny just does for me.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patricia,
    Thank you for coming to look at my blog page, the bunny wreath had to be fairly easy for the patients (of which I am a patient myself but I am a crafter so can do these type of things). I cut out all the pieces on my Big Shot and then bagged them up so that other patients could just put the wool on and glue the pieces. I love my Easter Floral Wreath but I love my Bunny one best too. Thank you for your kind words of feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww these are fab Lorriane ...and you must live near me Im in Hudds ... have to go to Dewsbury hospital for my treatment ... small world he he he xxxx Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amanda, that means a lot coming from you I watch all your You Tube channel video tutorials. I live in Ossett, I go to St James, Hospital for my treatment for my illness. It is a small world definitely, thank you. xx

      Delete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...