Saturday 17 March 2018

Double It Up!

Double It Up!

Inspire.Create Card Challenge this week is a Colour Challenge #013 with the Stampin' Up Ink colours above.  I wanted to use a piece of my Designer Series Paper (DSP) in my project as I have promised myself to use this more in order to use up my stash.  So whilst making one card I used up pieces that were left over to create a second hence my title - Double It Up!



To create my projects, first I found two White (5 x 5") ready-made card bases in my craft stash, which were ideal.  I then with my trimmer cut a piece of Basic Grey card stock (4 3/4 x 4 3/4") leaving a small border of white all around each edge.  Next I cut a piece of Daffodil Delight card stock (4 1/2 x 4 1/2") again leaving a small border.  I did not cut the DSP until I had coloured it in and it was completely dry.

So for the DSP, it had two tones of grey flowers already on it and some white ones too. So with my Stampin' Up inks (Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay and Lemon Lime Twist) and my Aqua pen I coloured different parts of the flowers randomly.  

Then with my trimmer I cut two pieces of Black card stock (4 1/4 x 2 1/2").  On my Adorable Scoreboard I scored in every notch which I believe is (1/8th gaps).  With my trimmer I cut the DSP which was dry down to ( 4 1/4 x 2 1/4") and adhered this with my snail adhesive straight on to the Daffodil Delight card stock.  One piece at the top and the other at the bottom creating two different looks to my design.  I then adhered the Black card stock the same way, but again opposite to the DSP.  

I adhered a piece of Bermuda Bay ribbon along the join of one of the cards and secured this at the back of the Daffodil Delight card stock.  On the other project I adhered a piece of Lemon Lime Twist ribbon along the join.  Next I adhered the Daffodil Delight card stock to the Basic Grey card stock with the snail adhesive.  With my bow maker I tied two bows one in each colour to correspond with the ribbon across the card and adhered this to the cards with wet glue (put something heavy on top like an acetate block until the wet glue has taken hold).  

Now for the stamping.  I stamped the sentiment 'Thank You' from the Daisy Delight stamp set twice onto White card stock with my stamp positioner tool to get a good clear image with Basic Grey ink.  I then stamped the sentiment '...for your kindness' in side the card.  This again was stamp twice once in each card and this came from the same stamp set as the previous sentiment.  Whilst I had the Basic Grey ink out I stamped my 'Happy Mail' stamp in the left-hand top corner of the envelopes for the recipient.  I then got the three little flower stamp from the set and using a Yellow Aqua marker pen I covered the stamp and stamped down vertically on the bottom left-hand corner of the envelopes.  I did the same inside the card bases but horizontally underneath the sentiment.  When this was completely dry I added 3 rhinestones to the flower middles inside the card bases and drew with an Orange Aqua marker pen the middles of the flowers on the envelopes (I did not want anything bulky on the front of the envelopes due to postage).

Whilst I had my rhinestones out I coloured 6 of these with a Yellow Spectrum Noir Alcohol pen and left these to dry.  I then trimmed my 'Thank You' sentiment to (3 5/8 x 1") and cut a banner end at the right-hand side.  I then on my trimmer cut a piece of Daffodil Delight card stock (3 3/4 x 1 1/8") and again cut a banner end at the right-hand side.  With the snail adhesive I adhered the White card stock banner to the Daffodil Delight ones.  Then again with the snail adhesive adhered the Daffodil Delight card stock banners to the front of the card bases.  One at the top on the Black scored card stock and the other on the bottom, again on the Black scored card stock.  My final embellishment to these cards was to add the coloured rhinestones to the edge of the sentiment banners.  This completed my projects.  

I would love to know what you think about my projects, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!


Lorraine

:o)

2 comments:

  1. Love the blending of colours and lovely flowers Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Karen I love your comments. xx

    ReplyDelete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...