Saturday 17 March 2018

Harley With Love x

Harley With Love x


Firstly I want to thank Sandi Maclver for her video tutorial on her YouTube channel demonstrating how to put together a Rectangle Pop-Up Box Card which will fit into an A2 envelope.  To understand how to put this project together please follow the link to Sandi's video tutorial and for all the measurement follow the link I have set up to Sandi's Blog Page, thank you.  

Ok now I will let you know how I decorated my project.  This project is for my hubby's 50th, he has a Harley Motorbike called Holly and some days I do think he loves her more than me, but hey ho after 29 years of marriage you have to give him some pleasures.  I recently purchased the 'One Wild Ride' stamp set from Stampin' Up (which was designed by Dawn Griffiths, a Stampin' Up Demonstrator) who I believe her hubby also owns a Harley.

I constructed my rectangle box card using Basic Grey card stock, that included the two little inserts for the centre.  I found some Designer Series Paper (DSP) in my craft stash that was black with a pattern which I thought looked a bit like tyre track marks.  This I used to decorate the front and side panels and the top and underneath of the two side flaps.  On the back panel I decorated this with Black card stock. All the card stock was adhered straight to the box using snail adhesive.  On the back of the back panel I put a piece of Black card stock and a smaller piece of White card stock also adhered straight to the box card stock with snail adhesive.  The White card stock gave me somewhere to write my greeting.  In my craft stash I had silver stickers which I used for the  'Happy Birthday' sentiment and the '5' and '0'.  I cut the 'th' out of the middle of another 'Birthday'  These stickers are useful to have in your craft stash for when you only have small area for a sentiment or your want a sentiment to stand out a bit on your project. 

Now for the stamping.  I stamped on Basic Grey card stock to match the box card base.  I also used my stamp positioner tool so that I could stamp more than once ensuring that I got a good image.  I stamped the large badge and fussy cut this out to adhere to the front panel flat using snail adhesive.  On two small Basic Grey squares I stamped the grit randomly to cover these panels, these were adhered to the DSP with snail adhesive.  I then stamped 2 small badges which were fussy cut out and adhered to these side panels using a foam pad.  Now for the main star of the show, the middle of the box card.  I first stamped a tyre track and cut this out and adhered this to the front insert (just on the very bottom so it stood proud up above the front panel edge).  I then stamped the banner which said "Born to Ride" and fussy cut this out too and adhered this with snail adhesive on a few areas so that it would sit on top of the tyre track.  Finally I stamped out the Harley motorbike.  Again I fussy cut this out and adhered the bottom of it to the back insert with snail adhesive.  (I made sure that it came up above the top of the banner).  My final embellishment to this project was to cover the metal parts of the Harley with Wink of Stella to give it some shine and bling!  This completed my project.  

I would love to know what you think about my projects, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!


Lorraine

:o)

2 comments:

  1. Such a fantastic card Lorraine your hubby should love your card for him. You are very clever and It looks quite an complex card to do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he did love this card, he has it on display too. Not too complicated once you do one. xx

      Delete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...