Sunday 11 March 2018

Beautiful Peacock

Beautiful Peacock

The MFT Sketch Challenge (MFTWSC375) was to use the sketch below to create a card design.  

So I have just had some new stamp sets delivered and two of these were freebies from the Stampin' Up Sale-A-Bration which runs until the end of March.  I have used the Beautiful Peacock for my image in my design for this Sketch Challenge.  


I initially cut an A2 card from Kraft card stock (5 3/4 x 4").  I wanted to keep the colour combination simple so that the image was the 'Star of the Show'.  So I cut a piece of white card stock (4 1/4 x 2") to stamp the image on and another piece of white card stock (5 1/2 x 3 3/4") for the inside of the card. I always try to stamp on the inside of the card as well pulling the whole design together.  So inside I printed a green and coral pattern using two of the flower head stamps available in this stamp set.  I loved this so decided to carry this on, onto the front of the envelope too.  

Looking at many different card designs this week has made me realise that I do not use my designer series papers (DSP) enough in my card designs, so I am going to make a conscious effort, where possible, to use my DSP.  So on this card design I cut out two (1 1/4") stitched circles from a coral DSP and a (1") stitched circle in green for the sentiment.  

Now for the stamping, first I stamped the sentiment (Beautiful Friend) onto the (1") green stitched circle.  Then I stamped the peacock image onto the white card stock (4 1/4 x 2") using the coral and green inks.  I even added the smallest flower head in both colours in between the tail feathers.  To complete my design I added 5 small pearls to the main feather tail of the peacock.  This completed my project.

I would love to know what you think about my project, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!


Lorraine

:o)

2 comments:

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...