Sunday 15 April 2018

Delicate Sewn Flowers

Delicate Sewn Flowers

The Color Throwdown Colour Card Challenge #488 this week is Yellow, Green, Aqua and White.


My card design for this Colour Card Challenge is as below:


To create my design I used the following inks: Stampin' Spot (Daffodil Delight), Memento Dewdrop (Summer Sky) and Memento Dewdrop (New Sprout).

First I sourced a White ready-made card base (4 3/4 x 4 3/4") and on my trimmer I cut another piece of White card stock (4 1/2 x 4 1/2").  On this piece of card stock I stamped a single 5 petal flower head in the 3 colours (yellow, blue and green) using the inks as listed above.  

I had been gifted a selection of die cut stitched card stock and I decided to use the Grey stitched piece (4 x 4").  The selection of die cut card stock was packaged beautifully in a striped bag with the scalloped label with the sentiment 'Especially For You'.  This was a great fit for the bottom of the Grey card stock; so I pierce 2 holes into the card stock so that the White ribbon could be threaded through from the back, one end through the label and a bow tied to hold it.  But before this could be completed I had to stitch the flower bead on.  

I used my piercing mat and created holes to sew into to form the stems and leaves of the plants with Green embroidery thread.  As I sewing back-stitch, every so often I would thread either a yellow, or blue or green single-flower head bead onto the needle and sew this into the design.  (The beads were also a gift to me from a different friend.  

Before putting the final touches to my card design, I adhered the label down with double sided tape.  Tied the bow and cut off the long tails; creating a neat small bow.  Then I added double sided tape to the back of the Grey card stock to adhere this to the stamped White card stock.  The stamped White card stock was adhered to the main card base using foam pads to give the card some dimension. 


To continue the theme of the card inside, I used another of the gifted die cut stitched card stock pieces also in grey but this had a single line of stitching (1 3/4 x 1/2").  I repeated the same as the front piece, piercing the holes using a pokey tool and a piercing mat and then sewing a stem, leaves and threading on a couple of single flower heads.


I stamped the envelope with the same single headed flower stamp in the 3 colours (yellow, blue and green) and also my 'Happy Mail' sentiment and Duck carrying the envelope so the recipient of this card will know that it is not a bill!  This completed my project.

I would love to know what you think about my project, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!



Lorraine

:o) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...