Thursday 12 April 2018

Three Little Butterflies

Three Little Butterflies

The Face Book Group 'Stampin' For All' this week put out a Card Case for all its members to have a go at.  This Sketch is this one:


My take on this sketch is this:

So in order to make my project initially I got a Vanilla ready-made tatty-edged card base (6 x 4") from my craft stash.  I then found quite by change 3 butterfly embellishments in my stash too; which would be ideal to represent the circles on the sketch.  The embellishments were Vanilla zig-zag edged circles, with an orange smaller circle on top completed with a blue butterfly shape.  

Next I looked in my card stock to find a blue that was similar to that of the butterflies and luckily I found some which was a very near match!  Using my trimmer I trim a piece of Blue card stock (5 1/2 x 3 3/4").  Then in my Vellum folder I found some Blue vellum with silver butterfly outlines on it.  So I trimmed a piece (2 x 5 1/2").  I adhered the butterfly embellishments to the vellum using the adhesive foam pads on the backs.  Then I turned the vellum over and where the backs of the embellishments showed through the vellum I added strong double sided tape.  This was removed in order to adhered the vellum to the card stock.  The card stock was then covered with thick foam strips and adhered to the front of the card base.  3 rhinestones were added to the centres of each butterfly to form a body. 

In my Cream/Vanilla scraps folder I found a piece of card stock (3 x 1/2") ideal for a sentiment.  First I used my embossing buddy all over the card stock strip then I stamped the sentiment "JUST FOR YOU" in Black pigment ink onto the card, immediate covering this with clear embossing powder.  The powder was then set with a heat gun.  The process was repeated from the embossing buddy, but this time I stamped two butterflies in the ink and these were set with the heat gun.   A banner was cut into the left-hand side of the card stock and it was adhered to the right-hand side of the card base below the vellum with double sided tape.


Whilst the inks were out, I stamped 4 butterflies in a row and the sentiment "YOU'RE IN MY THOUGHTS" inside the card.


The same 4 butterflies were stamped on the bottom left-hand side of the envelope and my "Happy Mail" sentiment along with the duck holding the envelope so that the recipient knows that this is not a bill!  This completed my project.

I would love to know what you think about my project, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!



Lorraine

:o) 

2 comments:

  1. These sketches are such a great idea to give inspiration. Great interpretation of this one Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are you are right Nina, do you ever do any of the card sketch challenges? :O)

      Delete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...