Monday 9 April 2018

Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers



My take on this challenge is this:


I found a White ready-made card base (5 1/2 x 4 1/4") in my craft stash.  Then on my trimmer I cut a piece of Black card stock (5 1/4 x 4") and a piece of Gold card stock (5 x 3 3/4").  Then in my black scraps folder I found a black patterned piece edged in gold and I trimmed this to (5") in length.  

Next I got out my Big Shot and cut x3 Black stitched squares (1 1/2") and x3 White stitched squares (1").  

Then I stamped a Spring flower image on each White (1") square using Black pigment ink and then I immediately covered the card stock with clear embossing powder (obviously I had rubbed my Embossing buddy over the card stock prior to inking) and heat set this with my Heat Gun.  I repeated this x3.  (This is the first time I have used pigment ink when heat embossing and it worked really well.  I certainly will be using it in future as I have many different colours of pigment inks but don't tend to use it when stamping because it doesn't dry quick enough.)

The Black layer was adhered with double sided tape to the card base, as was the Gold layer to the Black card stock.  The patterned strip was adhered to the Gold layer with double sided tape too.  But the White squares were adhered to the Black squares using Tacky Glue.  When this was dry, the Black squares were positioned on the Gold card stock on foam pads to give the design some dimension.  I added a tiny rhinestone to the centre of each flower head as embellishment.


Inside the card, I stamped and head embossed the flower image the same as was done on the front of the card to extend the theme.  I had a ready-made sentiment in Black and Gold with White text "Have a Happy Birthday" in my craft stash.  I adhered this inside the card with snail adhesive.


On the envelope I stamped and heat embossed the flower image again and stamped in Black Memento Ink "Happy Mail" and the duck delivering an envelope so the recipient of this card will know that it is not a Bill!  This completed my project.

I would love to know what you think about my project, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!



Lorraine

:o) 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and I love how you have stamped the inside and the envelope!! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle, Thank you I am trying as much as possible to extend the theme or image/s from the front of the card into the inside and onto the envelope too in each of my projects. I think this makes it seem more personal for the recipient.

      Delete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...