Sunday 15 April 2018

Grandson's 2nd Birthday Card - Knight and Dragons

Grandson's 2nd Birthday Card - Knight and Dragons


To create this card design you will need Stampin' Up 'Myths & Magic' designer series paper (DSP) and 'Magical Day' stamp set.

Initially I created a side opening card with Dark Blue card stock (5 3/4 x 5 1/2") on my trimmer and then I cut a piece of blue glitter foam (5 1/2 x 5 1/4") and a further piece of Light Blue card stock (5 1/4 x 5").

Now the layers were cut, next came the images.  First I fussy cut two flying dragons out from the (DSP), a Knight and 1 whole Castle and 2 partial Castles.

On my Big Shot, I used my letter dies to cut out 'Brooklyn' using the (DSP) but the reverse side which is Grey with arrow heads on it.  Also I die cut a numeral '2' in the same (DSP).  I die cut 1 large White cloud, 1 medium and 2 small.  I die cut 4 hills with trees out of Light Green card stock.  On 2 of the pieces I cut the trees off and just left the curve edge of the mounds.

Now it was time to start constructing the card front.  I used wet glue in most instances but I did use Stix2 double sided sticky foam for the Knight and the Slayed Dragon at the bottom front of the card base.   The clouds and the lettering were adhered first at the top of the Light Blue card stock and the Blue dragon was adhered next with its wing tucked inside one of the "O" of Brooklyn.  Then the first 2 hill side edges were adhered one with trees and one without; this one the Castle was adhered to.  The the final two pieces of hill edges were adhered.  The numeral '2' was adhered in the bottom right-hand corner of the card stock.  The backing from the Knight and the Orange dragon were removed and these were adhered to the card stock to; this completed the image scene.  I used a black gel pen to put 'B & T' onto the Knight's shield and to close the slayed Dragon's eye too.


To continue the theme inside the card, I used the stamp set and stamped with Memento Black ink a dragon and a Knight.


Onto the envelope, I stamped another Knight and my 'Happy Mail' Sentiment and the Duck delivering the envelope so that the recipient of this card knows it is not a bill!  This completed my project.

I would love to know what you think about my project, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!



Lorraine

:o) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...