Monday 16 April 2018

Hip, Hippo, Hooray!

HIP, HIPPO, HOORAY!


My take on this Sketch is as below:



To create my card design I first sourced a White ready-made card base (5 x 5") with a (3") aperture and the put this through The Big Shot to dry emboss the front panel using the "Dots" embossing folder.  Whilst the Big Shot was out I die cut a Dark Pink circle (3 1/4") and a scalloped circle  (3 1/2") in Vellum.  

Next I used my stamp positioning tool to stamp all the images I needed using the MFTs "Hippos and Chicks" stamp set (3 x different Hippos, a set of balloons and a cake.)  I stamped the sentiment "HIP, HIPPO, HOORAY!" in Stazon Black ink onto vellum (2 3/4 x 1").  I coloured these with my Prismocolor Pencils and blended the pencil lines with Zest bending solution.  I 'fussy cut out my images and added black edging where cutting had left the edge stark White.  To bring out the Hippos' eyes I went over these with a Black gel pen and also added some highlights with a White gel pen.  I cut some black embroidery thread to use as the balloon strings as I had cut them off when fussy cutting the balloons out.  

I used my Martha Stewart punch to punch out two strips of Purple foils card from my scraps folder.  Now all the elements were complete it was time to put my card design together.  

First the Dark pink circle was adhered into the circle aperture.  The sitting Hippo and cake were adhered to this with glue dots.  Putting a small amount of wet glue around the outer edge of the circle aperture meant that the vellum scalloped circle would adhere without leaving too much adhesive showing.  The two punched patterned pieces were adhered to the card stock base using wet glue too.  The Vellum with the sentiment was also adhered using wet glue, just a small amount in each corner (which was covered later).  The other two Hippos were adhered with glue dots too.  Their party hats were adhered though with wet glue as was the balloon strings to the Hippo's arm.  

Finishing touches were to add some circular coloured stickers to cover the adhesive spots under the corners of the vellum with the sentiment and in other areas of the card design too.   Glossy Accents was put onto the balloons and the Hippos' party hats to give them some dimension.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

To carry on the theme of the card, I stamped the Hippo with the present onto the envelope on the right-hand bottom corner.  Whereas the sentiment 'Happy Mail' and the Duck delivering the envelope were at the top left-hand corner which helps the recipient realise that this is not a bill!  This completed my project.

I would love to know what you think about my project, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!



Lorraine

:o) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...