Tuesday 17 April 2018

Rose after an April Shower

Rose after an April Shower



My take on this challenge is this:


I looked at the Theme Challenge #84 'April Showers' and thought that I did not have any stamps that were older than a year that would be suitable; such as welly boots, umbrellas etc.  Then I remembered that April Showers support the growth of the flowers in our gardens and I found an old stamp of a Rose.  I stamped this onto White card stock using Stazon Black ink because I wanted to use my ARTEZA watercolour markers.  

In my craft stash I found a ready-made White card base (5 3/4 x 4") and I punched a rose scalloped pattern into the right-hand edge.  On the inside of the card I adhered a red ribbed ribbon to the right-hand  (5 3/4 x 1 1/2") edge so it would be seen through the punched pattern.  I then used my ARTEZA watercolour markers to colour the rose and the stem in.  I then left this to dry completely.  

I used my embossing buddy at the bottom of the front panel of the card base and then stamped with Versamark the sentiment which was "The most Beautiful things in the world cannot be Seen or Heard but felt from within the Heart" and added silver embossing powder and then heat set it.  

The rose was now dry and so I could fussy cut it out and it was adhered straight onto the front panel using wet glue.  I added Wink of Stella to give it some bling to look wet (so it would look like after an April shower) and I adhered 3 raindrop rhinestones onto the rose as well.


On the front of the envelope I stamped the sentiment 'Happy Mail' and the Duck holding the envelope so the recipient of this card will know it is not a bill!  This completed my project.

I would love to know what you think about my project, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!



Lorraine

:o) 

10 comments:

  1. I'll bet this card looks even prettier closed as I think that lovely lacy edge shows up against a strip of red. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan for your kind words, the edging is very pretty - yes.

      Delete
  2. Stunning card, and yes, April showers certainly do bring those beautiful May flowers! And I love your little owl, too, so cute! So happy you shared it with us at Retro Rubber this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you LeAnne, I was struggling for stamps older than a year for this challenge which is why I went for my Rose. I love Owls as you will see from an older post in January where I had an owl experience - it was fabulous!

      Delete
  3. I love your twist on the challenge. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us this time at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Creative Lady for your feedback. x

      Delete
  5. What great happy mail! Very pretty card with the die cut edge. Thanks for playing along at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Neva for your feedback on my "Happy Mail" I do like to make sure my recipients know that they are not getting a bill on the doormat.

      Delete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...