Saturday 7 April 2018

Lots of Pretty Kitties

Lots of Pretty Kitties

Stamping for Joy Sketch challenge Week 13 is shown below:


My take on this sketch is below here:


To create my card design initially I found a purple ready-made card (5 3/4 x 4") in my craft stash.  I trimmed a piece of patterned paper from Stampin' Up 'Wood Textures' (5 1 /2 x 3 3/4") and adhered this to the card base using foam pads.  I then cut 3 pieces of patterned paper from my purple scraps folder (3 1/2 x 1") and adhered these straight onto to the other patterned paper using snail adhesive making sure that they were evenly spread out.  

I then got out my Big Shot and die cut a cream card stock oval (4 x 2 3/4") and a green glitter card stock star was die cut too. (This was the smallest star shaped die I had in my stash)  This completed the die cutting.

Next came the stamping, I used Stampin' Up 'Pretty Kitty' stamp set and with all the different images I stamped these onto the oval (some of which were stamped off the edge). I stamped the sentiment "Hope your birthday is just like you..." in the centre of the oval.  Then I coloured the images in with my Prismocolor Pencils and after brightened up the kittens eyes with black and green gel pens. 


Inside the card I stamped the end of the sentiment from the front of the card which said "Hope your birthday is just like you..." and it said "WONDERFUL in every way."  I also stamped another of the images of Pretty Kitty to continue the theme of the card.


 On the envelope, I stamped one of the images of Pretty Kitty in the bottom right-hand corner.  This continued the theme of the card on the envelope too.


I also stamped my "Happy Mail" sentiment and the duck holding an envelope image too.  This lets the recipient know that this is not a Bill!  This completed my project.

I would love to know what you think about my project, so please leave a comment.  Thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!



Lorraine

:o)  

2 comments:

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...