Thursday 31 May 2018

Embossing and Die Cutting


Embossing and Die Cutting 



I have only been crafting for a couple of year now; I started crafting because I had to leave work due to having terminal secondary breast cancer and from being a busy Head Teacher to doing nothing and being not able to do anything either - I was very bored!  So for my Well-being and Therapy I started card crafting.  My favourite techniques in card crafting have to be die cutting and embossing.  There are so many beautiful dies available now and also the same in embossing folders.  I created the card below using both these techniques together.  


There is not much to the dimension of this card.  It is a Vanilla card base (5 3/4 x 4 1/8") with a further piece of vanilla card stock (5 3/4 x 2").  This smaller piece of vanilla card stock has been put through the Big Shot is an embossing folder.  The cream ribbon has been wrapped around the embossed card stock secured at the back and tied in a beautiful bow at the front.  This piece has then been adhered to the card base using foam pads to give that bit of dimension.  Now as the Big Shot is out, the die cutting can be done all in the vanilla card stock.  First two champagne glasses, then (x3) small hearts, next the word 'Friend' and finally (x3) die cuts of the word 'Congratulations'.  These are adhered together with wet glue to give the look of 3D.  I added cream pearls above the champagne glasses which looked like bubbles.

I love the monochromatic look of this card design, everything just came together and found its place on the card and nothing seemed to look out of place.  My daughter's friend, who had just got engaged was very happy with the card that she was given.  I would certainly make one in this design again.  It's a keeper!!

Thank you for looking at my blog page and this particular design.  I would appreciate any feedback please, thank you.

Till next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine

:O)


5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your breast cancer....and I'm guessing that by now you are a survivor and that is a blessing. Like many crafters, this is theraputic for you. I love the elegant monochromatic style you chose to go with! Beautifully done with your embossing folder and dies. The ribbon is a perfect addition. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
    Hugs... Janie
    DT
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi The Craft Princess, thank you for your lovely feedback. I suppose I am a survivor but I am fighting the disease everyday. I am on palliative chemotherapy which is weekly and continuous; but I am determined not to let it beat me. I love my card challenges and I was so excited when I found your Crafter's Castle site. Thank you again for the fabulous feedback Janie.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're a survivor! And you've done beautiful work! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Crafter's Castle this week. We hope to see you next time too!
    Blessings, Jeanie
    DT
    Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanie thank you for your feedback on my project for the ATG challenge at Crafter's Castle this week. I am fighting this disease on a day-to-day basis but I won't let it beat me as yet. xx

      Delete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...