Saturday 2 June 2018

Pink and Green

Pink and Green

The Global Design Project #140 this week is CASEing a project by a card crafter called Brian King.  To CASE = Copy And Selectively Edit.  When a project is CASEd you take what you like from the design and make it your own.  This might be the actual stamp set, the colours, the layout, the theme or the images.  Whatever you like that has inspired you make your own card.  Below is the project from Brian King that is to be CASEd.  

So when I looked at Brian King's design the first thing that struck me was the colour combo that he had used: (Green, White, Pink and Black).  So that is what I decided to use in my card design that is photographed below.


So to create my card design I first started off with a Green and Black card base (5 3/4 x 4 1/8"), the black floral image was already printed on the Green card stock.  I then cut a Black card stock layer with my trimmer (5 3/16 x 3 9/16") and rounded the corners (1/4") with my Crop-a-dile.  I was being frugal with my card stock so I punched 5 scalloped circles to use on future project because you will not see the holes left underneath the White card stock.  I next cut a White card stock mat                   (5 1/16 x 3 7/16") and rounded the corners with the (1/2") blade.  I cut a piece of Pink patterned paper (3 7/16 x 2 1/2") and rounded the bottom corners with the (1/2") blade as well to match the White card stock.  

Next I got out my Big Shot and die cut the beautiful patterned shape to separate the White and Pink colours on the front this is from Stampin' Up "Petals and More" thinlits dies.  I adhered this to a (1/4") strip of Black card stock that had been trimmed off whilst cutting the Black layer.  I had previously stamped some of the images from the stamp set "Petal Palette" from Stampin' Up and had these saved in my box; so I took one of the small flower die cuts to put inside the card (to continue the theme) and I had a    (4 1/4 x 3 1/4") White oval already die cut as well to go inside the card too.  

Now for the stamping - first I stamped the sentiment "Thank You FOR EVERYTHING" (which came from the same stamp set) on the bottom right-hand side of the Pink patterned paper.  Then I stamped the large floral image on the top left-hand side of the White card stock.  To continue the theme onto the envelope I stamped the same image that was inside the card onto the envelope too.  I also whilst stamping with my Memento Black ink stamped the sentiment "Happy Mail" and the image of the duckling delivering the mail onto the envelope which helps the recipient of my card know that they are not getting a bill!  Stamping complete.

Then with my Spectrum Noir Alcohol pens (JG1, JG2, JG3, PP1, FS6, FS8) I coloured both the floral images.  The leaves green and the flowers pink.  I always start with my darkest colour to lightest and then go back to the darkest to blend the colours together.  I was really pleased with the colour match of the pink to the patterned paper.  The green could have been a little lighter but I liked the finished look.  

The next stage was to put my card together, everything was adhered flat with either wet glue or snail adhesive apart from the Black card stock layer which I put on foam pads to give the card a bit of dimension.  To finish off my project I added (x3) pink pearls to the front.  

I would love to know what you think of my project, so please leave me some feedback on my blog page thank you.

Until next time, keep crafting!

Lorraine
:O)


 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Lorraine! I love the beautiful texture on the back panel of your card. Thanks for playing along with my CASE the Designer at GDP this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you Brian for your lovely comments. I really appreciate you taking the time to write on my blog. xx

      Delete

Week 3

Incredible Like You (2) Second set of 4 cards created from the card kit from Stampin' Up 'Incredible Like Y...